New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

BEST REGARDS?

Started by Alex R, July 15, 2010, 04:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

noodles

July 28, 2010, 08:11:21 am #150 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:14:48 am by noodles
Track 3 on the Yellow Disc is definatley one of my top picks from this  8)

In Search Of The

Still nothing, I feel like the only one without at this point. I hope it\'s not gotten lost.

kevindanielcahill

Hey man, I still haven\'t gotten mine. Gutted, really want it!! I hold hope for te rest of the week! Any word hears the purple disc yet?
I\'d like to hear those thoughts.

BloodBucket00

July 28, 2010, 05:16:54 pm #153 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:17:50 pm by BloodBucket00
No, you\'re definately not alone In Search Of The, mine hasn\'t been delivered yet also and neither have several other UK based bots\' over at TK either. My hunch is that they\'ve hit the customs net and we\'ll have to fork out blasted import fees to claim them (can\'t moan too much as I anticipated this when buying). ::)

kevindanielcahill

whats the procedure of these boxsets and stuff coming through customs? Do you think the "In search of the" boxset has to aswell? Because I received ISOT pretty fast and id imagineBest Regards is packed the same way as the last boxset...
strange...
maybe some slunks have hijacked the shipment. :P

BloodBucket00

July 28, 2010, 07:25:26 pm #155 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:26:17 pm by BloodBucket00
I don\'t know the physical procedure of imported items going through customs, ie do all or only a proportion/percentage?, but I do know that items imported from outside the EU into the UK, if over £18 in declared value, are liable for import VAT being charged on top of them (this is same value as regular VAT so currently 17.5%). Along with this comes a Royal Mail handling fee- for handling the package from customs to your address- of £8.

You could be right though, perhaps slunks have hijacked the shipment! ;)

gb714us

QuoteHey man, I still haven\'t gotten mine. Gutted, really want it!! I hold hope for te rest of the week! Any word hears the purple disc yet?
I\'d like to hear those thoughts.
i was recently listening to the purple disc.
track 2 is very percusive and its like 30 mins long.. theres just alot of experimenting on this track. it first sounds like african music.. then it goes into some heavy base hip hop which is very interesting..
track one so far sounds a bit funky to start with little ambience.. uhh we hear alot of tom tom work by brain.. while bucket messes around with line 6 pedal. which he uses quite extensively on this box set.  its basically lots of noodling

kevindanielcahill

I believe in the slunks, cyborg slunks at that. those bastards! Thanks for the update on the purple disc, any news on the green? haven\'t heard anything about that one yet. Does anyone think Buckethead will have any more releases lined up pretty soon, I know this is JUST out. But bucket is famous for speedy releases as you all know.

gb714us

QuoteI believe in the slunks, cyborg slunks at that. those bastards! Thanks for the update on the purple disc, any news on the green? haven\'t heard anything about that one yet. Does anyone think Buckethead will have any more releases lined up pretty soon, I know this is JUST out. But bucket is famous for speedy releases as you all know.
the green one is very mellow i believe
first track is just noodling but then gets into a very calm state
the 2nd track is were this album shines.. it has a colmaish feel to it and well its very mellow..

i believe bucket will not have anything released on his own for quite a while   maybe even up until the end of the year.. i think this is the year of collaborations and guest appereances by bucket!  but who knows      even best regards was a total throw off

gb714us

does anyone else agreeeee that this is like the longesttttt threadddddd eveerrrrrrrrr lol

kevindanielcahill

I really hope he keeps churning out new material as he always does because hes more than capable of it.
Shadows Between The Sky was a great release.
Iv heard a bit of everything now about the BR boxset.
seems it gets better on every disc after the first track.
and this IS the longest thread ever haha.

btw does anyone know the story of bucket and gnr?
iv heard a lot of rumours...or is it taboo here? :-X

beelzeBob

Quotedoes anyone else agreeeee that this is like the longesttttt threadddddd eveerrrrrrrrr lol

Nah man, it\'s only 11 pages.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

Alex R

July 28, 2010, 11:10:08 pm #162 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:10:27 pm by Vladimir_Pocket

btw does anyone know the story of bucket and gnr?

What do you mean?
He left.
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

noodles

Quotebtw does anyone know the story of bucket and gnr?

taken from Buckethead\'s Wikipedia page:

In March 2004 Buckethead left Guns N\' Roses, according to his manager, due to "Guns\' inability to complete an album or tour". Guns N\' Roses\' response after Buckethead\'s departure was as follows:

During his tenure with the band, Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and his commitment, despite being under contract, creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals, and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it near impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communications with him whatsoever.

Alex R

^Hah, I love that.
His transient lifestyle has made it near impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communications with him whatsoever.

It would be better if it said \'transient existence\'. ;D
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex