New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

BEST REGARDS?

Started by Alex R, July 15, 2010, 04:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

noodles

QuoteThe Disney Album was recorded, but could not be released due to copy right violations and Disney not allowing BH to use the rights to use the music. The Disney Album is probably sitting on a hard drive locked away in the vaults of the coop.

arghhhhhh stupid Disney laws
 >:(  ???

that\'d be quite the binge if that was ever to surface.

In Search Of The

I\'ve just had a thought. There\'s some similarities between this release and Monolith. Both have 5 discs and both clock in at 40 minutes-ish each. Do you think they\'re meant to be played simultaneously like Monolith too?

jesevil

QuoteI\'ve just had a thought. There\'s some similarities between this release and Monolith. Both have 5 discs and both clock in at 40 minutes-ish each. Do you think they\'re meant to be played simultaneously like Monolith too?
Ok, you\'ll have to give more explanation about playin\' monolith simultaneously, never heard about that before.

Btw, just got my "best regards" cds here in Canada this morning. Got No.110 but the box is broken.  :-/

dewclaw

This type of multi-CD/DVD cases blow. I\'m going to make a copy of all the discs and then put up the original.

In Search Of The

Contact Travis regarding broken boxes and stock, I\'m sure something can be sorted.

And regarding Monolith, I don\'t know where I heard the idea but some crazy motherlicker on another forum posted an edited edition of it which combined all 5 parts. It sounds like it was designed that way. Really interesting listening.

BloodBucket00

July 23, 2010, 04:54:25 pm #125 Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:02:18 pm by BloodBucket00
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_(Death_Cube_K_album)

The definition of monolith taken from dictionary.reference.com:

noun
1. an obelisk, column, large statue, etc., formed of a single block of stone.
2. a single block or piece of stone of considerable size, esp. when used in architecture or sculpture.
3. something having a uniform, massive, redoubtable, or inflexible quality or character.

You can use the sound editing program, Audacity, to achieve the combining of the 5 discs/tracks of Monolith apparently, though I havn\'t yet gotten round to doing this myself. There is some degree of room for interpretation/customisability on this though! I mean do you start all the tracks at once and leave it so the longest track plays out last or do you time the synthesization so that they all end at the same time? For that matter, if you decided to not do the former, when do you decide to start each track ie what combination?! I think this a brilliant idea for a release by Buckethead/Death Cube K purely for this reason ie it gives the fans a chance to play around with a release by him! ;D

In Search Of The

Well the version I heard was very well synced. I wasn\'t sure at the points in which they began because there\'s around 4 minutes difference for some parts.

BloodBucket00

QuoteWell the version I heard was very well synced. I wasn\'t sure at the points in which they began because there\'s around 4 minutes difference for some parts.

Right, yeah, I was talking from being the creator of the synch as opposed to a sampler of the end product (I would of expected this to be very difficult to disect as a listener that didn\'t do the combining themselves!). ;)

In Search Of The

Yeah, I\'ve listened to all parts quite a bit but I can\'t quite place where and when it comes in, because there are very little silent patches that allow for the discs to "catch up" with each other if you get my meaning. It\'s almost as clever as the album itself.

ichimatsu

July 23, 2010, 06:07:14 pm #129 Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:16:12 pm by ichimatsu
Hi guys, I got my "best regards" today and I\'m listening to the blue disc right now.
My dvd case is also broken and some disc have scratches (I don\'t know if they will play in my CD player)  :-[
I\'m a little bit disappointed by the limited aspect (not a lot of drawing). I expected something like "ISOT" or "Cyborg slunks"

As for "Monolith", I did a mix for me with the 5 cd\'s and it sound great - just like a new album, you should try.

In Search Of The

I do hope I don\'t get a damaged case, and with me living the UK and the transit it has to undergo, I think I\'m more at risk. Still, I\'ll remain hopeful I get a "healthy" copy.

Just out of curiosity, Travis (if you\'re reading) what would be the policy for broken orders?

jesevil

QuoteI do hope I don\'t get a damaged case, and with me living the UK and the transit it has to undergo, I think I\'m more at risk. Still, I\'ll remain hopeful I get a "healthy" copy.

Just out of curiosity, Travis (if you\'re reading) what would be the policy for broken orders?
Taking from the FAQ:

Q. I received my order but the package was damaged or the CD case or disc is cracked or broken.
A. We use hard shell boxes to protect the CD\'s we ship. We have shipped thousands of CD\'s and have had
very few problems with broken CD\'s. Having said that however, CD\'s are notoriously prone to having their plastic cases getting cracked
in shipping or just about any other act of handling. The plastic case is very thin and it\'s unsupported from pressure to the front of the
CD. Just a little pressure on the front of the case and even with packing material around it the case will crack. Another problem is there is nothing to prevent
the disc from popping off the spindle and getting scratched by it in the shrink wrapped case. No amount of packing can prevent this.
Way less than one percent of CD\'s arrive with any damage. Any more effort in packing them would increase the cost to everybody\'s shipping and handling and would
still probably not prevent the above damage. In any event, if you have problems with damage
email us here and we can send you either a replacement case or CD if needed. If you have a problem with damage on an international order, please email us
our remedies may be vary for international orders.

kevindanielcahill

yo guys, i recieved my re-pressed cd\'s, slaughter house and real diamond. that leaves Best Regards.
UK guys, Im thinking Monday or Tuesday :)

Peace Of The Unknown

Somebody in the UK got there\'s today. So keep your hopes up =)

DisembodiedLoaf

July 24, 2010, 06:03:54 pm #134 Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:32:55 pm by DisembodiedLoaf
QuoteI\'ve just had a thought. There\'s some similarities between this release and Monolith. Both have 5 discs and both clock in at 40 minutes-ish each. Do you think they\'re meant to be played simultaneously like Monolith too?
I thought about that but now that I\'ve listened to each disc, no. Each disc of Monolith is ambient, so there\'s not a whole lot going on. It\'s possible that he recorded 5 different parts to 1 giant song and split it into 5 discs.

BR probably has too many things going on to do that, all though the less experimental songs are very repetitive. There\'s not a whole lot of shredding or technicality. Then again, the styles of the songs clash.

Most BH CD\'s are 40 minutes anyway. I\'ll try it out but I don\'t think it will work.

Edit: Im listening to the first 5 songs together and it really doesn\'t work. Maybe Blue 1 and Orange 1 together or something would work, but I really think these CD\'s are supposed to be separate.