New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Shawn Lane and Buckethead

Started by BelieveIntheBucket, March 01, 2009, 01:50:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BelieveIntheBucket

i\'ve heard that shawn lane recorded with buckethead a while back with bill laswell as producer.  travis, have you heard of anything like this? id love to see something like that pulled out of the past and released

hexaChord

BelieveIntheBucket

"According to Diane Lane, they were very close friends and played a lot of music together, so there are definitely recordings, but I doubt they\'ll ever be released."

"Lane told me himself that he recorded an album with Bucket in the early/mid-90\'s and that Laswell produced it...it was backstage at a Hellborg/Lane/Sipe concert in 96....he said at the time that it could very well be in Laswell\'s very extensive stock pile of master tapes...much like Zappa it seems Laswell has a very large back-up of unreleased stuff...(I\'ve seen pictures)...I\'ve been telling this story for years(on the old Bucketboard and Laswll lists etc.) and I whole-heartedly believe that the recording exists...I just hope one day it is found,dusted off and released..."

heard from a couple people on buckethead.tk
i knew they were associated with each other i was just always surprised that nothing was released..... maybe laswell will release some stuff later