New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Monolith, new 5 CD set from Death Cube K

Started by Wires and Clips, December 16, 2007, 09:47:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ichimatsu

Just got mine today, and I mix the 5 cd with a software (don\'t know if I can mention it here), well the mix fits perfectly to get (in my opinion) THE "Monolith" album in its original form.
That\'s the one I listened first (the mix) and after I listen to each cd.
It\'s kind of funny, weird and of course entertainment !!!
I\'m just waiting for an official audio DVD mix in 5.1 surround sound, it would be great.

I just suggest you to do the same mix I did. You would be surprised   :D :D

Boots

^One of the gnarliest things Buckethead has ever done, imo.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

Mozy_Bot

How do you mix the Monolith CDs - I\'m curious to check that out.
ISOT #3 DCK #40  Blueprints #5  Cyborg Slunks #31 Painting-2 - #31  
Best Regards # 258

Chris DiCicco

Mozy,

can only speak for My self and not others, But if You have a Music software (like me Adobe Audition ...)

you would be able to line up the five separate CDR\'s (tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,)

and place them on the new projects tracks 1 2 3 4 5.

I would do this but I fear it might make a big ouch with My computer.

I did this once with Tunnel Weaver but was not good so I aborted it.

You can get some recording track software from $ to $$

Ya Dig?

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

hexaChord

The best thing would be to set up five stereos and run the CDs all at once like the Flaming Lips\' album is meant to be played. Another possibilty would be to connect five CD players to a mixer and run them through a pair of speakers - not that impressive. The most boring version is to mix the tracks down in a recording software as mentioned above - but it\'s the thing everybody can achieve...

Mozy_Bot

May 05, 2008, 12:13:25 am #50 Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:14:13 am by Mozy_Bot
Using my PC, I could play all 5 Cds at once just by using 5 different music players like Musicmatch, Winamp, Windows media player, Itunes, and foobar.  I guess that would do the trick?
Best Regards # 258

skidz

ella_mental

I\'m excited to play Monolith as this year\'s trick or treat night background music.  We get about 500 kids and try to freak them out a bit.  I realize it\'s May, but I\'ve already made the decision.  Death Cube K will follow Pink Floyd - Ummagumma and Frankie Bones - Escape From Brooklyn as our trick or treat night theme music.  Whoo Hoo!!!

Needlenose

QuoteI\'m excited to play Monolith as this year\'s trick or treat night background music.  We get about 500 kids and try to freak them out a bit.  I realize it\'s May, but I\'ve already made the decision.  Death Cube K will follow Pink Floyd - Ummagumma and Frankie Bones - Escape From Brooklyn as our trick or treat night theme music.  Whoo Hoo!!!
heh. i played ummagumma disc two last year.

hexaChord

Yesterday there was a crime movie on German TV using the live version of "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" while showing a drug scene. Scary! Roger should have done horror movies in his youth...

Mozy_Bot

Best Regards # 258

waisinet

QuoteThe best thing would be to set up five stereos and run the CDs all at once like the Flaming Lips\' album is meant to be played. Another possibilty would be to connect five CD players to a mixer and run them through a pair of speakers - not that impressive. The most boring version is to mix the tracks down in a recording software as mentioned above - but it\'s the thing everybody can achieve...

But with a 5.1-system connected to your pc you could play every cd on a seperate speaker.

Phydeaux_3

That was easier than I thought it would be. I downloaded this program and output all 5 files to one "mixed" track.

On first listen I\'d have to say that it does seem to be the way they were meant to be heard, sounds like they fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces. I doubt that this could just be a weird coincidence.

I would urge all of you hardcore bots out there to try this for yourself and report back here your findings.  

If pressed to answer if I thought that this was how "it was supposed to be" I\'d probably have to answer yes at this point. I rather like this Frankenstein\'d version. Maybe this is a prime example of the whole being greater than the sum of it\'s parts?

The Monolith Multiplex.
Sweeeeeet!!!

smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .
--------------~<\'(((.<
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .