New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Monolith mystery?

Started by Phydeaux_3, January 17, 2009, 02:13:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Phydeaux_3

I didn\'t see this anywhere else so I\'ll put it here. I\'m going to try my best to see if I can figure out if it\'s true or not. Rumor has it that Monolith is meant to be played all 5 discs simultaneously, how this can be done without having 5 physical CD players is beyond me. I\'m going to try to play 5 files at once on my PC, see if I can make that work. There must be some way to do that.

I found out about this weirdness at the wikipedia page here.

Has anybody else heard this theory? Has anyone actually tried to do this?
Interesting idea, to say the least. I\'ll be sure to post my results either way.

I guess you could paste the 5 files overtop of each other in an audio editor and output the "mix" as a single track, that might be the best way to do it.

Who knows, maybe it\'s all bullshit.

CUT TO....

That was easier than I thought it would be. I downloaded this program and output all 5 files to one "mixed" track.

On first listen I\'d have to say that it does seem to be the way they were meant to be heard, sounds like they fit together perfectly like puzzle pieces. I doubt that this could just be a weird coincidence.

I would urge all of you hardcore bots out there to try this for yourself and report back here your findings.

If pressed to answer if I thought that this was how "it was supposed to be" I\'d probably have to answer yes at this point. I rather like this Frankenstein\'d version. Maybe this is a prime example of the whole being greater than the sum of it\'s parts?

The Monolith Multiplex.

smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .
--------------~<\'(((.<
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

nuff_said

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

Phydeaux_3

Thank you nuff_said! Funny when I used the Search feature it didn\'t return jack-squat, kind of useless to have a non-working search tool, huh? Thanks again, this was exactly what I was looking for, looks like maybe we are all on to something. Very cool.

smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .
--------------~<\'(((.<
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

slunkatron

I did this awhile ago and the results are really cool.  I don\'t know whether it was intended all along or not, but it is definitely worth doing.  I prefer the combination to the individual discs.