Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Keyboard Virtuoso, drummer and Singer??

Started by Mixmaster, May 13, 2008, 09:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixmaster

Dear Vince.

Recently I\'ve bought from another site, thanks to a topic here about your contribution with T-Square on the Gran Turismo game, two albums, sadly only downloadable ones. I would\'ve rather had origional packaged version with booklet and all.

Anyway my question is about the Artistically Beatles album that you\'ve made. Who is the signer who sing\'s "Something" and "You never gave me your money"?

Greetings and cheers, Niels Berndsen, Nieuw Vennep, The Netherlands
Do it with style, or Don't bother doing it.

Vince DiCola

Hi Niels,

"Something" was sung by a dear friend of mine who passed away a few years ago - Roger Voudouris.  Roger had a huge hit in the 1970\'s called "Get Used To It" as a solo artist (co-written and produced by Michael Omartian).  Roger actually created the opportunity for me to do both my solo piano CD in 1986 and my contributions to "Artfully Beatles" around that same time period (Roger co-owned Artful Balance Records, the label that released both those projects).  It was a thrill for me to have Roger appear as a guest singer on "Artistically Beatles" and he did a great job.

The singer on "You Never Give Me Your Money" is me.

Vince

Mixmaster

Hello Vince.

Thank you for your quick reply. I\'m sorry to hear that your friend has passed away.

I never expected you to be a singer to. That\'s what I call multi talented. Keyboards, Synthesizers, Organ\'s drumming and singing. I would call it "A one man band for sure.".

Am I correct that "I\'m not in Love for Nothing" from your album "in-VINCE-ible" was sung by Roger too?

About Artistically Beatles, I\'ve never thought that the Beatles could be such an inspiration. I\'m from 1976 and sadly I have to say that I haven\'t experienced that period in pop music history. Your versions of these songs are truly fantastic and I love the way your play your style in "You never gave me your money".

With best wishes and greetings, Niels Berndsen

Vince DiCola

Hello again Niels,

Thanks again for the kind words about my work.  Always appreciated.

All the vocals - lead and background - on "I\'m not in Love for Nothing" are me.  If I had to pick my personal favorite amongst all my vocal performances, this is it.  I don\'t really consider vocals my strong point, but I\'ve been influenced by so many great singers, and I\'ve had the opportunity to work with, produce and arrange for some of the greatest singers in rock, that I feel I can get my point across in certain instances from a vocal standpoint.

Regarding the music of the Beatles, I\'m obviously just one of millions of fans who continue to be inspired by the music and sound of these great icons. I discovered their music pretty late (around "Seargent Peppers" and especially the "Abbey Road" record), but they have so much great material, and the timelessness of a lot of it continues to amaze me (along with countless others!).  
That whole time period of music was the best in my opinion, because record companies were usually 100% supportive of their artists \'pushing the envelope\' and trying different things.  Today\'s music scene can\'t even compare in my opinion (no offense intended to anyone who may feel differently!).  It seems to be mostly about following trends these days instead of reaching for new heights and setting trends.

Thanks again, Niels.   I hope all is well.

Cordially,
Vince

Mixmaster

Hello Again too, Vince.  ;)

I\'m doing fine, thank you very much for asking. I hope all is well with you, your wife Beth and the Children too.

Yes... I agree with you on the subject that allot of bands, musicians/artists seem to be more focussed on following a certain hype that\'s going on. I hardly even listen to the Top 40 anymore because it sounds so monotone and always keeps having the same rythm and style like many other bands and formations.

Some might call me old fashioned, but the period where I feel best at is around the end of the 1970\'s and the beginning of the 1990\'s.

Though staying in this time period, a couple of bands stand out from the other ones... some of them sadly aren\'t there anymore. For example the band Audio Slave, former frontman of the band Soundgarden Chris Cornell and the band that was known as Rage against the Machine, those two musical forces put together was perfect. Music and lyrics.

Bands that keep my inspiration going are Dream Theater, Dire Straits, The Police, Yes, Focus, Ekseption... yes, lately even Deep Purple with those awesome Hammond Organ Solo\'s.  ;D There\'s something about the Hammond sound that gives me chills all over my body. I can\'t really discribe it but it just sounds so awesome. I\'ve tried to replicate those sounds on two Synth\'s of mine, but they just can\'t reach the unique level that the Origional Hammond has got.

Well... I\'ll keep a close eye out on your new record. I take it this new recording of yours will be sold here on Travis\'s site?

Godd luck and cheers, Niels Berndsen

Mixmaster

I forgot to mention this Vince. Although you may not think of singing as your strongest point, I think you\'ve got a very good singing voice. And that\'s said from someone who\'s an Audio Technician.

Well... can\'t wait to hearn the new record soon.

Greetings Niels Berndsen

gb

Today\'s music scene can\'t even compare in my opinion (no offense intended to anyone who may feel differently!).  It seems to be mostly about following trends these days instead of reaching for new heights and setting trends.

COULDNT AGREE MORE VINCE!!!
what is love,what is happiness,what is life,where is peace?.....................