Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

to Travis

Started by Bucketfel, April 20, 2008, 04:26:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucketfel

hi Travis:

i was searching stuff and i saw that Nine Inch Nails released an album (Ghost I - IV) with a similar method than Radiohead. i was wondering if u (the label) will do something similar with a release next to come?

or is it   :-X
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

toons321

Trent (NIN) actually put Ghosts out in a few forms.
There was a download available for free.
There was a full download available for $5.
The two CD set was $10.00 plus S&H
There was another higher end collectable for $75 (I think)
And the cherry on top of the whip cream,  he put out 2,500 Limited Edition sets that had a booklet and were signed by Trent for $300.00 per set plus some crazy shipping price. These sold out pretty fast.

Bucketfel

well a better example is the new release of Nine Inch Nails, "The Slip" that album is free but i still cant get an answer
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

eazycomez

so basically you want a free album?
yeah i don\'t think so...

Needlenose

I would say a digital download Radiohead-style, but a minimum set of say a dollar if needed. A CD for ten bucks, include a poster, slideshow, and outtakes of sorts for twenty, add vinyl for thirty or forty, autographed everything for fifty. Vinyl only for 20. Something like that would be great.

As far as the music goes, maybe sift through lots of material and decide what is best for that and release the outtakes as part of the 20-buck deal.  

Mozy_Bot

Quotewell a better example is the new release of Nine Inch Nails, "The Slip" that album is free but i still cant get an answer

NIN and Radiohead are much more mainstream acts then BH with MUCH larger fan bases, so it is tough to compare.  I hope BH does what is in his best interest what ever that is.  I want buy physical copy even if he offers one up for free download because I like have the actual CD.
ISOT #3 DCK #40  Blueprints #5  Cyborg Slunks #31 Painting-2 - #31  
Best Regards # 258

Needlenose

I want some BH vinyl!
Maybe charge x amount for the digital and include a link with the digital for free with the vinyl.  8)