New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

ISOT trk. 6 Vol. 1

Started by zintar, December 04, 2007, 03:49:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zintar

Man, neat-o, neat-o. What a fun ride. With so much music released this year ( Buckethead and others stuff, I mean, come on ... you can\'t ONLY listen to Buckethead .. hehe ) it\'s hard to keep up and listen to any/all given recordings as much as the one you like the most.. Anyway, earlier tonite I was working on the computer and listening to that track ( ISOT VOL 1 trk 6 )..... damn, that\'s a good one. Starts off with a really killer groove, then at about the 1 minute mark there is an awsome killswitch freakout meltdown.... about 2 minutes deep he starts poppin and s**t !! By the five minute mark..... my face was torn off !! Nice. Stopped what I was doing and played it again. I could go on. I love this set, I know some folks don\'t really dig it all, or think alot of it is filler. Not me, I really enjoy ALL OF IT. As a musician myself, I really enjoy improvising, experimenting,jamming,searching,etc. It\'s nice to hear Buckthead doing all of that and more, in some cases  ;)
I\'m also always interested in all things leading up to the end result. Warts and all. ISOT is killer and essential   8)   Anyway, what\'s yer favorite ( or one you like a whole bunch ) track off of the ISOT set ??

Boots

Vol. 2 - Track 5 is not only my favorite track from ISOT, it\'s also one of my top 3 favorite Buckethead songs.

Worth the price of admission alone if you asks me.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

Andre AKA JoHnNy

The person who resolve the mystery of Yan Kàn AKA The Dragons Of Eden

zintar

QuoteVol. 2 - Track 5 is not only my favorite track from ISOT, it\'s also one of my top 3 favorite Buckethead songs.

Worth the price of admission alone if you asks me.

Excellent choice. Playing that track right now. Nice morning music. I love the long tracks.

Wires and Clips

I love 2.5 too! but my favorite one is 4.6, the one that sounds like Final Wars and Lotus Island crashed together

HARO

ahaha, my favourite is ISOT 7 track 1!  I specially love last half of the guitar! ;D

slunkatron

This thread made me listen to those tracks again, which made me listen to a bunch of ISOT again.  I had not listened to it in a little while.  I can\'t get over how amazing it is.  There is simply so much amazing music on it.  I am not able to pick my favorite, but one I really like that I stumbled across today is V2T4.  I love that track.

Bucketbot1031

Has anyone noticed the closeness to Jordan about 50 seconds in for about 20 seconds or so in Track 6?  It\'s a little different but same killswitch action with similarities.

zintar

QuoteThis thread made me listen to those tracks again, which made me listen to a bunch of ISOT again.  I had not listened to it in a little while.  I can\'t get over how amazing it is.  There is simply so much amazing music on it.  I am not able to pick my favorite, but one I really like that I stumbled across today is V2T4.  I love that track.

Cool. That\'s why I started this thread, I figured I\'d listen to every track that somebody likes and/or mentions in this thread. Listening to the track you mentioned now, my only problem with this track is it\'s too short !! Otherwise killer groove, for sure.  Last night I was really digging the first 1:42 ( haha! ) of Track 7 Vol. 10. Zappa like almost. I\'d like to hear more of this type of music from Buckethead.

HARO

December 08, 2007, 11:15:53 am #9 Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 11:23:57 am by HARO
It sure is a great idea to do this thread.  ;)

And did you say you enjoy first 1:42 of Track 7 Vol 10?  The rest are no sound is there?  I\'m just double checking. ;D

ZQ

I love every bitz of In Search Of The...I\'ve listened to it I thru E many times. Marvelous journey....Buckethead truley captured every emotion and fun throughout...a symphony.

N.V2.5 is magical and amazing...extra special... it is the only one I have a special name for...honoring a very special friend who is dear to me. The name would not make any sense to youz...but N.V2.5 calms and comforts me...i feel joy and beauty all around...and my dear friend is never far away. It digs deep, happy tears and a zillion smiles carrry me away.

Thank you Buckethead....for every bitz!  

BIG HUGZ!  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

zintar

QuoteIt sure is a great idea to do this thread.  ;)

And did you say you enjoy first 1:42 of Track 7 Vol 10?  The rest are no sound is there?  I\'m just double checking. ;D

hahahehehe !! Hello HARO. Yep, the total track length is 7:18, after the 1:42 mark is just sound........... I love all of it  ;)  

zintar

OK !! As if you just can\'t get enough of this thread....
today ( or this evening ) I find myself really into this track... Vol. 2 trk 6. (threeminutes eighteen seconds). I love this track for several reasons.... here\'s a few. One of my many favorite "bands" for the last 20+ years has been THE RESIDENTS. This track has a "Residents Like Vibe" to it. Sweet. I also really enjoy killer breakbeats. This tune has a bunch. I love the way this track flows, pushes and pulls. Around 1:35 in there is a really sweet and simple piano riff over a tight beat, some string patches, the beat opens up. Man, Buckethead. Awsome. Thanks  ;D

Boots

Vol. 5 track 5 is gangster.
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato

HARO

QuoteOK !! As if you just can\'t get enough of this thread....
today ( or this evening ) I find myself really into this track... Vol. 2 trk 6. (threeminutes eighteen seconds). I love this track for several reasons.... here\'s a few. One of my many favorite "bands" for the last 20+ years has been THE RESIDENTS. This track has a "Residents Like Vibe" to it. Sweet. I also really enjoy killer breakbeats. This tune has a bunch. I love the way this track flows, pushes and pulls. Around 1:35 in there is a really sweet and simple piano riff over a tight beat, some string patches, the beat opens up. Man, Buckethead. Awsome. Thanks  ;D

Hello!

??Mine\'s 3 minutes 46 seconds. hahaha! beat ya!
Oh, no.... I was actually listening to Track 2 of Vol 6.  I was gonna say nice piano!

Anyway, Vol2 track 6 is awesome!!  And nice piano of course!  My favourite parts where 1:06 sounds starts. Towards the end of the track, that industrial beat sounds soooooo good:P

Like I noticed most of Bucketbots play some sort of musical instrument... I don\'t personally play any musical instrument but many bots must of think ISOT as a bible of sounds!

Try Vol.4 Track 7.  Really, if you can\'t remember what it sounds like, listen to last 1 minutes of this track, really mad piece! ;D

Just as I listen to ISOT, my 79 years old grandma walks into my room, she\'s like \'whatta hell is that sound?? \'
She\'s kind of person who would look at Picasso\'s painting and say \'I can paint that!\'