New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New to Buckethead

Started by GiantRobot24, June 26, 2007, 04:35:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GiantRobot24

hey, im new to buckethead and i was wondering what cds of his i should by, i already have giant robot, monsters and robots, kaleidoscalp, electric tears, and i just ordered transmutation by praxis, the first cobra strike cd and cuckoo clocks of hell.

Just post your favorite buckethead cds and what kinda stuff he plays on it. It would be really helpful thanks

GiantRobot24

and i was jsut wondering if there is going to be any more auction stuff?

Steve McKagan

June 26, 2007, 09:25:19 am #2 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:25:44 am by SteveMckagan
Check out the reviews section on www.buckethead.tk. It helped me a lot in my search of new Bucket CDs. Especially the reviews from speed1000.

coolwalking

Check out The Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock for some heavy stuff, Colma for some mellow melodic stuff, and The Big Eyeball In The Sky for some nice funky stuff.

MRB

Welcome to the wonderful world of Buckethead. Your journey will never end my friend.

Here\'s what you need to check out. (You\'ve got a great start, BTW.)

-Population Override
-Colma
-self titled Thanatopsis
-BOTH Corbra Strike records are great, get the one you don\'t have
-Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock
-Crime Scene Slunk
-A bootleg from any of the 04 shows, Buckethead\'s Giant Robot. great tour and setlists

GiantRobot24

June 27, 2007, 12:36:20 am #5 Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:36:40 am by GiantRobot24
cool thanks, ill definately get the other cobra strike cd and the elephat mans alarm clock, and crim slunk scene is thanopsis like a funky type band or more shredding or what?

CMA

if i was you i\'d get the last action hero soundtrack pronto.

Orn

Er, I\'d say take your time and digest what you\'ve already got/got on the way.  Buckethead is like a feast of music, you have to take your time and savor each course.

GiantRobot24

and what kinda of stuff is on the in search of the box set? is alot of it noises and talking or is it mostly guitar?

MRB

GiantRobot24,

go to the homepage of this site and click on "Thanatopsis". From there you\'ll be directed to a "music preview" section where you can actually download FREE mp3s, one or two from each "Thanatopsis" records.

My favorite are the self titled album and the latest, I\'m not as in to "Axiom", but it\'s not bad. Anyhow, download the tracks and check them for yourself. (You can also preview/order "Population Override", which is an absolute must for any self respecting Bucket fan.

I would describe the music as progressive, jazz rock fusion kinda deal. Big B with Travis on keys and Remy (I think) on drums.

PS: Also check out "Bermuda Triangle" when yer done soaking up all that other stuff. That\'s a good one.

Wires and Clips

In my opinion, CSS is worth buying just for gory head stump and soothsayer.

elephant mans and inbred mountain are no brainers

if you want more riffs and chords, and less solos and insane tapping, peppers ghost is great

and finally if you want over the top WTFness, try island of lost minds

whatever you buy, prepare for lots of music and an empty wallet! ;D

DUFFATRON

yeh it\'s almost hard to throw out a couple cd\'s and not think of others to buy at the same time, i\'ve bought a hard copy of every bucket cd in production and paid dearly for out of print discs with the exception of bucketheadland which i found in mint cond. for 5$ at bullmoose.
you should check out praxis album metatron, and bucket, travis, and ramy antouns band  thanatopsis
whatever you get it\'s all gravy ;D

GiantRobot24

July 02, 2007, 12:19:23 am #12 Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:29:34 am by GiantRobot24
what is CSS?

and what kinda of stuff is on the in search of the box set?

bigbri

Quotewhat is CSS?

and what kinda of stuff is on the in search of the box set?
Crime Slunk Scene. I don\'t have "in search of the" yet, so I can\'t answer your other question.

Slunker

Quoteand what kinda of stuff is on the in search of the box set?

In Search Of The is filled with about 9 and a half hours of very varied music, I\'ll tell you.

You\'ve got some stuff that sounds like Kaleidoscalp on it, weird noises and stuff like that.

You\'ve got things that sound more like Death Cube K, ambient and atmospheric stuff that doesn\'t sound like actual tunes.

Some of the stuff sounds like what\'s on Bermuda Triangle, a bit more electronica than the rest.

You also have plenty of long funky jams actually, more funky than anything you\'ve ever heard on a Buckethead album, I\'ll tell you.

You also have a lot of tracks that are just amazing tracks in their own right, with some amazing musicianship and excellent melodies. Some of it really rocks and some of it\'s really mellow and beautiful. You\'ve got some serious soloing on some of the songs (one of the tracks is just 19 minutes of brainmelting soloing), and you have the last track (on vol. 13), which is 45 minutes long and just brilliant.

So, you\'ve got a real mix of different sounds and styles on ISOT. Some say that some of it can be considered "filler material", but if you\'re a REAL fan you\'ll love everything. Now some people may think $200 is a bit steep, but for 9 and a half hours worth of quality music like this, you can\'t go wrong.  8)