New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Elephant Mans Alarm clock or Inbred Mountain?

Started by Wires and Clips, April 04, 2007, 08:01:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wires and Clips

topic.

im not a fan of long songs, which is something that could drive me from IM, but if the songs are generally better than EMAC ill take it.

I just bought peppers ghost and CSS last Saturday so they should be here soon. i got Enter the chicken 2 months ago and Colma, Monsters and Robots, Cuckoo clocks and Electric tears a month ago, and i want MORE!!  :D

zimbopolus

you should just get EMAC and IM at the same time cuz they are both awesome. Don\'t forget to get population override and condensed chicken noodles too.
Itchy Wah

Wires and Clips

April 04, 2007, 08:20:24 pm #2 Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:22:58 pm by Bucketfan357
ive been thinking about population override for awhile. I would also love to have ISOT but the $200 price tag is a bit much for me.

i just read about chicken noodles and if i like population then ill get that too.

nuff_said

i agree with zimbop.  once EAMC or Inbred go into my player.. i have a hard time getting them back out.  i usually can\'t stand it when a cd begins to start over, but with either of those, i get my habitual urge to take it out.. and, i shrug it off a second later, to hear the whole thing through again.  i\'m not good at pin-pointing what it is i like about a particular bh cd, but that\'s how those two are for me.  

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

piikea

this is a difficult question.......as already said they are 2 of his best so i would get both. EMAC 1st if i had to make the call. i can put both in & they just run in circles cuz i never get sick of them!!
Bill Laswell / Raoul Björkenheim / Morgan Agren: Blixt (2011) //// Bangtower: Casting Shadows (2011) //// Levin Torn White (2011)

Raw Ketchup

In my opinion, The Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock is Buckethead\'s best album.  

As for "In Search of the...," you should probably hold on to your money.  There\'s some good songs, and it\'s an excellent collector\'s item, but it really isn\'t worth the $200 price tag.

nuff_said

well, bucketfan357, you\'ll have a lot to think of when you make your choices of what to purchase first, etc.  you\'re likely to wind up with all you\'ve mentioned, and more.  bucketheadland is a lot like disneyland.  there are some attractions that you like more than others.  i love all attractions at disneyland, so, i\'m quite lucky.  inbred mountain is definitely a ride at bucketheadland.. inbred mountain is sort of like space mountain, thunder mountain, and it\'s a small world, all wound up in one ride.  
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

Wires and Clips

well thanks for the advice! im download purchasing both, waiting on population override, and if ISOT only has a few good tracks then i dont want it.

nuff_said

personally, i\'m pleased with insearchofthe

you\'ll have plenty of time to make up your own mind on all this stuff, so have fun!

... and, let us know what you think of inbred mountain and elephant man\'s alarm clock.  

Indra

I like Inbred Mt. better.  Of course EMAC is great, but IM is just one of the best albums ever.  It\'s more of a concept album, though, so you have to be ready to go on the ride, if you know what I mean.  

Wires and Clips

i found some extra dough and im getting pop override as well

Jordanatron

April 07, 2007, 12:37:17 pm #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:44:03 pm by Breastmeat
Can\'t go wrong no matter what, just keep an open mind, I have never come across a more diverse artist. from EMAC to PO and cockoo to DCK there\'s nothing he can\'t do. HE CAN\'T NEVER STOP WORKIN HARD. and get Giant robot not necessarily NTT.
Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

ZQ

I love every note and sound that IS Buckethead...to reply to your question...EMAC yup gotta have it, Inbred Mountain, Lotus Island and Plastination...are absoutley great. ISOT I am loving the journey for about the 5th time....and Giant Robot NTT IS a necessity...like i said i love them all..but you need to hear Scraps, and masterpiece Mrs Beasley...and you can only find them on NTT.
I love Bucketheadland!
Big hugz!  :-*

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

cheapsk8

April 10, 2007, 05:54:06 am #13 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:54:22 am by cheapsk8
...and to dedicate songs to H.P. Lovecraft. How cool is THAT?! 8)

Boots

You gotta have both. Love the Flock o\' Slunks. I was just rappin with a fellow bot about our mutual love for Elephant Mans Alarm Clock..how awesome.  ;)
Music and Rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. -Plato