New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

1986 TF Movie Soundtrack gets special treatment?

Started by Mixmaster, April 20, 2007, 04:48:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mixmaster

News on the net today is that the 1986 Transformers movie soundtrack is getting a 20th anniversary treatment.

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?t=9610
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=130494

What I would like to know if this is the origional single CD version, or will this become the Double disc special that was only for sale at the Botcon in the US?

I\'m hoping for the last option cause that the only Disc to my collection from Vince DiCola that I\'m still missing. There\'s nothing better then the real thing so I\'m hoping that this comes with a complete package with booklet.

Dear Vince... do you know if this will become available here at TDRS?

Have a nice weekend and thank you very much in advance.

Niels Berndsen
Do it with style, or Don't bother doing it.

Chris DiCicco

April 20, 2007, 10:12:12 pm #1 Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:13:30 pm by Chris
hey, Mix I was somewhat upset that the Music Section was cut out of the 20th anni reissue movie.

this (soundtrack) would be perdy cool, if and when.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Mixmaster

Well... according to the info The release is scheduled for May 29th so I will keep a very close eye on this subject. After having bought all of Vince´s other records, I still am missing that double Disc that was sadly only for sale at the BotCon. I hope so much that it´s that one.

Also have heard that the material send to Paramount for the Next Transformer movie might also be put on CD, but it´s not certain yet... but nevertheless that would Rock. I love that Transformer 2006 theme Vince Made.

Vince DiCola

Hello Niels (and all interested parties),

SONY BMG contacted me a few months ago to inform me of their plans to reissue the original TF:TM soundtrack.  After having done some research, they told me my name came up more often than anyone else\'s relative to the music from the original 1986 movie.  They said they wanted to include some bonus material on this reissue and they wanted me to help choose the material.  After much discussion it was decided by SONY that some of my original score cues be included.  I assembled 2 \'medleys\' - one of which features all the main "Unicron"-related cues from my score.  There are 4 bonus tracks altogether.  They are all from my original score and familiar to anyone who purchased or heard the BotCon discs.  We tried very hard to get SONY to sign off on some of my more recent material that was submitted for the new live action film, but they seemed to want to focus only on music from the original movie.

Also, SONY commissioned me to write the liner notes for this reissue.  I am  honored and pleased to be given such an opportunity.

Plans are being discussed as I write this to assemble and release a disc which will feature some highlights from the material that was submitted for both "Rocky Balboa" and the new Transformers movie.  I will of course post an update here as infomation becomes available.

I sincerely appreciate the ongoing interest in my music, past and present. Thanks to all!

Cordially,
Vince

Chris DiCicco

Quote(and all interested parties)

I\'m the AAIP\'s  ;D

Thanks Vince!  :P

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Mixmaster

Wauw  :o. To be asked by the people at SONY themself\'s. This is big... very big. Amazing news Vince. Congratulations. As I\'ve said before... I do not only listen to your music... I study it... better yet... I explore it. Trying to find out how it was made... to see in my mind which instrument is cued. For me... it\'s very fascinating.

I guess that sometimes it comes in an artist\'s life that his or her work won\'t be choosen for a certain project. Too bad though... but I hope... as they\'ve said that there will be sequals to this first upcoming movie, that you will be choosen again. After all, they\'ve got your submitted material now.

Thanks for this great great news... this really makes my day. Greetings from over seas and good luck Vince.