New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Bill Laswell and Cobra Strike 13th Scroll ?

Started by bornalive, March 04, 2007, 11:07:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bornalive

Cobra Strike The 13th Scroll was the first Buckethead CD I bought, and Bill Laswell is credited for "invisible hand / subliminal projections".

I wonder what exactly Laswell\'s contribution has been for these recordings.

As this album has been created by Travis Dickerson, Buckethead (and Jerry Mano), I guess that Travis could tell us more about it ?

I am curious, and I hope to learn something about this fabulous CD. I\'m sure there is something to be said.

Slunker

I was about to post a question about the two Cobra Strike cd\'s as well, so I figure why not do it in here. Hope you don\'t mind bornalive, but if it\'s some consolation, I have been wondering about Laswell\'s "invisible hand/subliminal projections" participations as well.

Anyway, here\'s my question for you Travis:

With both Cobra Strike cd\'s being sold out on your site, will they ever get back in stock? Or are they currently out of print or something, if so I have a counter question: do you think it\'s possible to get these two re-pressed as well or is that not in the plans?

Thanks in advance!

superslidetail

I got my Cobra Strike CD\'s from Ion records.  They were OOP, but they repressed a certain amount for both CD\'s.  I think they may be all gone again, but I could be wrong.  I\'d check their website.

Slunker

QuoteI got my Cobra Strike CD\'s from Ion records.  They were OOP, but they repressed a certain amount for both CD\'s.  I think they may be all gone again, but I could be wrong.  I\'d check their website.

Well, that\'s kind of why I\'m asking this here. See, I ordered both cd\'s through Ion Records website, or well, I mailed them my order.. and I haven\'t heard from them since. I even e-mailed them a few days back, and I still haven\'t heard anything from them. No confirmation that they have received or prepared my order, and no money has been deducted from my bank account. So, at the moment I don\'t know what\'s going on with Ion Records right about now, or my order for that matter.

So, I\'m sure you see the dilemma I\'m in, as I really want to get my hands on the Cobra Strike albums.  :)

superslidetail

Well I should have mentioned that I bought the CD\'s through Amazon from Ion.  Sorry I didn\'t mention that.  When I ordered them, it took like 1.5 to 2 weeks to get to me.  Before I bought the CD\'s I emailed Ion about them having paypal and they said they would have it in a few days.  Well that was months ago and they still dont have paypal.  I thought they were kinda shady, so thats why I ordered through Amazon.  Im glad I went that way, although I think I payed a couple bucks more on Amazon, not really a big deal.

Slunker

QuoteWell I should have mentioned that I bought the CD\'s through Amazon from Ion.  Sorry I didn\'t mention that.  When I ordered them, it took like 1.5 to 2 weeks to get to me.  Before I bought the CD\'s I emailed Ion about them having paypal and they said they would have it in a few days.  Well that was months ago and they still dont have paypal.  I thought they were kinda shady, so thats why I ordered through Amazon.  Im glad I went that way, although I think I payed a couple bucks more on Amazon, not really a big deal.

Well that\'s cool because guess what? I just did the same exact thing, haha.  ;D

I basically wrote Ion a letter telling them to go "F" themselves (although put a bit nicer), since they seem to be a shady bunch who don\'t want to do business somehow. Anyway, as you did, I went to Amazon and bought them just half an hour ago or so. It was through private sellers, and it cost a little bit extra, but I figured since it\'s through Amazon there\'s got to be ways of getting to the bottom of things if the cd\'s aren\'t shipped. A bit more secure than Ion Records at least.

So anyway, now I\'m happy that I was finally able to secure a copy of each album, new and still sealed and all. Excellent indeed. Also, my recent Amazon order of Praxis\' Transmutation also shipped today, and I\'m really eager to give that one a listen.

My Buckethead collection is growing by leaps and bounds (at the same rate my economy is dwindling, haha, but it\'s worth it), and I couldn\'t be happier right now.  8)

superslidetail

Awesome.  I didn\'t realize that Amazon had Cobra Strike II there as well.  I didn\'t see it the last time I was there.  Anyway, enjoy that CD\'s.  ;D

CS

In the past, I\'ve found Norm/Ion to be extremely non-shady when ordering via telephone.
I'm Sorry