New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

buckethead cd trading

Started by ashpatton, December 12, 2006, 02:43:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ashpatton

is trading of buckethead cds accepted in this forum? if so, i would like to trade someone pieces I need 5 minutes alone for day of the robot.

snubnog

Quoteis trading of buckethead cds accepted in this forum? if so, i would like to trade someone pieces I need 5 minutes alone for day of the robot.

Permission hasn\'t been given to trade those albums.

I\'m not sure which one you\'re after but you can buy The Day Of The Robot in the download section of this site and the Pieces CD is still in stock at www.cdconnection.com and www.dtmgallery.com.

Mozy_Bot

Since trading cds in general is legal in the US and I assume abroad, why couldn\'t people trade cds if they want?  Assuming they are trading the actual cd and not a copy of the cd.
ISOT #3 DCK #40  Blueprints #5  Cyborg Slunks #31 Painting-2 - #31  
Best Regards # 258

ashpatton

thank you mozy. i think snubnog is a little uptight about this subject.

Travis

I think your just talking about two different things. If your talking about trading commercially produced CD\'s then I have no problem doing that here.  If your talking about making copies of CD\'s to trade that\'s different. I\'ve discussed my feelings about this here on the site and this forum. I know there is all most nothing that an artist can do to prevent it and it may in fact have some benefits for promoting new artists. However, if you respect an artist and want to see more of their work then it\'s just common sense that quality work can\'t be produced for nothing, every other contribution work benefits society as a whole gets compensation. You wouldn\'t work for no pay, even if it\'s something you love to do you need to eat and pay rent. Soon there will be nothing to trade.

ashpatton

Trading commercially produced cd\'s was definitely all that I had in mind. Thanks Travis.

ashpatton

so, how about a fair trade snubnog?

snubnog

Sorry Ashpatton, I obviously totally misunderstood - I didn\'t realise you were talking about original CD\'s. It threw me because you\'d asked if it was ok and normally when people ask if it\'s ok to trade OOP or rare CD\'s they\'re asking for copies so I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Like Travis said, we were talking about two different things.

I didn\'t think I was being uptight by the way, I just believe in doing the right thing and I was trying to help you out by pointing you to a couple of places to purchase the albums.

In answer to your question, I\'d help you out if I could, but I\'ve got both those albums and don\'t have any spare copies to swap for anything else. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

ashpatton

thanks snubnog. sorry about the uptight comment.

bigbri

I don\'t have either of those albums. Anything else you need?