New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Thanatopsis "Requiem"

Started by Travis, March 17, 2015, 04:36:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

Thanatopsis hasen't made a new record since 2006. There are lots of reasons. Buckethead only works on his own stuff now and Ramy moved away from LA years ago.

bigbri

Travis I haven't received my shipment. It's been a few weeks and I also haven't gotten a reply to my email. Invoice #34851

Travis

April 22, 2015, 01:53:52 pm #47 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:56:20 pm by Travis
You should have received it by now. Also, it's concerning I didn't get an email from you, did you try the tdrs@  address?  Give a me an hour and I'll dig up your invoice and email address and see if we can make email contact. I'll send you another copy of the CD and email you a download code for the CD so you can at least hear it.

Anyone else who hasen't received Requiem should have. Contact me and I'll track your order and send you a download code.

Also, if anyone else has problems with my email address, try the contact tab and use the email script there.

Update, bigbi, i just got an email from you. Give me a few and i'll get you fixed up.

EHughes528

Travis - how many copies of the CD have sold? I know you put some 100, 200, and 300 copies cold benchmarks.

Where we at?

Travis

Thanks to you, almost 100. A few to go and the pressing is paid for. I would not hold my breath on the next milestone however.

EHughes528

Quote from: Travis on June 08, 2015, 05:10:43 pm
Thanks to you, almost 100. A few to go and the pressing is paid for. I would not hold my breath on the next milestone however.

Can you clarify what the 100 copies sold milestone was again? A pressing of what? thx!

Quote from: Travis
If I can sell 100, I'll pay for the pressing. If I can sell 200, I'll repress Axiology. If I can sell 300, I'll press the Axiology vinyl.

bingeneer

Selling 100 "Requiem" cds would be the break-even point for the cost of the original pressing of that CD.  If 200 "Requiem" cds are sold, then "Axiology" could be repressed (here's hoping!)

Quote from: EHughes528 on August 18, 2015, 02:35:34 am
Quote from: Travis on June 08, 2015, 05:10:43 pm

Can you clarify what the 100 copies sold milestone was again? A pressing of what? thx!

Quote from: Travis
If I can sell 100, I'll pay for the pressing. If I can sell 200, I'll repress Axiology. If I can sell 300, I'll press the Axiology vinyl.

Travis

We stalled at just a few above 100.  That means i didn't end up out of pocket to press them. Unfortunately many fewer then i had hoped but i wasn't totally shocked given the state of CD sales and music sales in general.

MuldeR

August 19, 2015, 09:22:06 pm #53 Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:29:15 pm by MuldeR
Quote from: Travis on August 19, 2015, 12:37:35 am
We stalled at just a few above 100.  That means i didn't end up out of pocket to press them. Unfortunately many fewer then i had hoped but i wasn't totally shocked given the state of CD sales and music sales in general.

I'm sorry to hear. Requiem is really a great album, which is on par with the previous (excellent) Thanatopsis albums.

But I really think the biggest problem is that almost nobody knows about this CD. I still see people commenting, asking surprised whether this is a new Thanatopsis/Buckethead album.

Anyway, I'm really happy it has been put on CD and that I got my copy. Has been on "heavy rotation" in my CD player since it arrived. So, thanks again !!! :)

My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/