New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Pikes drawing to a close?

Started by In Search Of The, August 29, 2014, 01:14:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

In Search Of The

I have a theory that Pike 80 will be the last one. Lately, we've had Pikes with very "final" name themes, such as Closed Attractions, Final Bend Of The Labyrinth and (in somewhat of a contrast) Infinity Hill. I think we're drawing to the end of the series. I know many thought the same back in the 30s and 40s but I truly think we'll get something of a close by Pike 80.

dewclaw

I was thinking 100. I wonder if anybody has all of them so far?

MuldeR

August 31, 2014, 07:09:31 pm #2 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:15:51 pm by MuldeR
Quote from: dewclaw on August 29, 2014, 04:59:06 pm
I was thinking 100.

That would be my guess too.

Either that, or he just continuous as long as he still has fun making them ;)

Quote from: dewclaw on August 29, 2014, 04:59:06 pm
I wonder if anybody has all of them so far?

FWIW, I have all Pikes on CD that have a "regular" release. Also got a few of those hand-signed limited editions. But the rest I got "only" as digital downloads from Badcamp...

If anybody really has all of them as limited edition discs, he or she must be wealthy person ;D
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

beau810

No end is my guess... he is making good money doing this.  To put it in perspective I get the signed numbered and drawn copies... mostly order the day of... on average I get #100... so that means in a day or 2 he can bring in $3000 plus, just on the special editions.  A very low estimate.  Times that by 70 and you get $210,000... in 3 years.  I know I wouldn't stop! 

My guess is that the best part for him is that he gets to be with family more often than if he was on the road... probably making much less too.
Support underground music!!!

Khaneda

Because my wife is unaware of the cost of each limited and/or signed drawing edition -
I own the entire Pikes collection on cd.

+ every other release except GRNTT, KFC/BT-vinyl, the Binge VHS', and the Bodybag Metatron.

I've been a "silent observer" on this forum for almost 10 years now.

However this thread made me speak up.

YES!  Someone has actually shelled out for all the Pikes.
*ME*

Travis can vouch for my customer loyalty if anyone thinks I'm trolling.
Please believe me I am not... 

Buckethead is my favourite performing artist of all-time.
We Do These Things!!!

Khaneda

I have more of the art prints in the basement.
But this is essentially the entire collection.
We Do These Things!!!

Khaneda

We Do These Things!!!

Maxen

Quote from: Khaneda on September 14, 2014, 11:52:34 pm
Whoops - forgot the DVD's...

Amazing. My collection is probably about half as big as yours, but i'm getting there. ;)

dewclaw

Quote from: Khaneda on September 14, 2014, 11:32:06 pm
Because my wife is unaware of the cost of each limited and/or signed drawing edition -
I own the entire Pikes collection on cd.

Cracking me up!!! hahaha, nice.