Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Pulled out Pepper's Ghost again and ...

Started by dewclaw, May 09, 2012, 01:37:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dewclaw

dewclaw

In Search Of The

Apparently so. I've just seen a copy on eBay go for 31 pounds. He's a lucky bastard whoever he is, because I've seen it listed for upwards of 150 quid and sell. Absolutely crazy. The sooner it's repressed the sooner we can stop people making absurd profit on albums.

X

It isn't really worth that much, but since it's currently out of print the amount of copies available give people the opportunity to overprice it rediculously. If you ask me, an album which is out of print for only a certain amount of time doesn't mean it is worth more money for that same amount of time. It isn't the same as LE's which have a certain number of copies and are only limited to that number. If it's only out of print for the time being and has a chance of being repressed then it's still a product which is reproduceable and available to everyone.

DroidHunter13

This is such a great album! Haven't listened to it in a few weeks though  :'( So many awesome tracks...but Imprint is my favorite!  :)

dewclaw

I was struck by how 'metal' it was; all melodic and crunchy. One of my favorites.

deadite

Quote from: X on May 09, 2012, 08:41:34 pm
It isn't really worth that much,

its worth exactly what people are willing to pay.
and dont forget these are original pressings.

X

Quote from: deadite on May 11, 2012, 12:37:16 am
its worth exactly what people are willing to pay.
and dont forget these are original pressings.

I haven't seen anyone buy the copies that are on sale for over $300 so it still doesn't seem like it's worth that much money.

Tempbucketdog

Well, my copy is worth $245.00 to me... I love it! I got one of the last ones. It was officially oop shortly after I bought my copy.

DroidHunter13

My copy would have been worth something...until the case cracked  after I dropped it >:( Oh well, disc is in perfect shape. I think I may have either bought the last copy or second to last copy, because after I bought it, a few days later, it went out of print!

In Search Of The

Quote from: DroidHunter13 on May 13, 2012, 07:35:39 pm
My copy would have been worth something...until the case cracked  after I dropped it >:( Oh well, disc is in perfect shape. I think I may have either bought the last copy or second to last copy, because after I bought it, a few days later, it went out of print!

Simply swap the cases? As long as the insert is fine, just transfer everything over.

DroidHunter13

Quote from: In Search Of The on May 15, 2012, 08:57:44 pm
Quote from: DroidHunter13 on May 13, 2012, 07:35:39 pm

Simply swap the cases? As long as the insert is fine, just transfer everything over.

PFFT I knew that! (Quickly swaps cases while no one is looking)  ::) hehe. But that was kinda stoopid of me to not even think of that at first. Looks like i gotta wear the dunce hat ;)

X

Quote from: DroidHunter13 on May 16, 2012, 02:15:52 amPFFT I knew that! (Quickly swaps cases while no one is looking)  ::) hehe. But that was kinda stoopid of me to not even think of that at first. Looks like i gotta wear the dunce hat ;)

It's not the most embarassing thing not to know that. I've gotten used to having to do that since 19% of albums that you purchase online and 4% that you purchase in record stores have jewel cases that are already broken. I usually always have some spare cases lying around when I'm expecting new albums in the mail since they're so often broken. However, if all the albums you've gotten are from Buckethead's Toystore then you probably wouldn't need to know that. Buckethead's albums are probably the most well packaged out of all the albums I've gotten in the mail (Meshuggah is a pretty close tie, though) when it comes to having unbroken CD cases.

In Search Of The

Yeah, even though I live in the UK, I've only had one problem regarding damage of the countless CDs I've bought, and Travis was quick to respond, replying in about an hour and offering a swap.

MuldeR

Just noticed that new(!) copies of Pepper's Ghost are available from Amazon for 20€.

Couldn't hold back and ordered one right away. Though I wonder whether this is a true or just some fake...
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/