New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New pikes ?

Started by pigebear, April 25, 2012, 06:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nubbins

Yeah, I think it's pretty pathetic sign of the times when we've reached a point where we openly talk about how we uploaded Buckethead's albums on the forum of one of his main vendors! Come on people! You saw what happened with the Young Buckethead stuff years back, yet you still don't seem to grasp that the effects of this uploading/downloading are very real for a small time artist like Buckethead.

Bucketfel, you are talking out of your behind, kid. "It's up to true fans to enjoy the music"? What does that even mean? How is it someone's responsibility to like something? It doesn't even make sense. I know you've come under fire for downloading Bucket's music several times in the past, yet it seems you continue to do so and defend it to boot, so I'm sure nothing I say is going to change your mind or make you get it. The least you could do is just stay quiet about it rather than encourage it, especially since you obviously don't have anything of any substance to say.

Droidhunter13, uploading Balloon Cement was wrong, and you should take it down immediately. Yes I realize that other users have uploaded it as well, but you're not helping the situation by uploading it again and making it easier for people to find. Pointing at someone else and saying "well he did it too" doesn't make it alright.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Back on topic, yes Balloon Cement is real and it's a very fun album. Recommend purchasing it highly. :D

In Search Of The

If DH13 hadn't posted those songs, somebody else would have. Let's not bring him down too much. He slipped up and he tried to rectify it. As long as people keep buying his material and supporting Buckethead however we can, I'm sure he'll keep us happy.

Tempbucketdog

Quote from: Nubbins on April 29, 2012, 05:08:06 am
Yeah, I think it's pretty pathetic sign of the times when we've reached a point where we openly talk about how we uploaded Buckethead's albums on the forum of one of his main vendors! Come on people! You saw what happened with the Young Buckethead stuff years back, yet you still don't seem to grasp that the effects of this uploading/downloading are very real for a small time artist like Buckethead.

Bucketfel, you are talking out of your behind, kid. "It's up to true fans to enjoy the music"? What does that even mean? How is it someone's responsibility to like something? It doesn't even make sense. I know you've come under fire for downloading Bucket's music several times in the past, yet it seems you continue to do so and defend it to boot, so I'm sure nothing I say is going to change your mind or make you get it. The least you could do is just stay quiet about it rather than encourage it, especially since you obviously don't have anything of any substance to say.

Droidhunter13, uploading Balloon Cement was wrong, and you should take it down immediately. Yes I realize that other users have uploaded it as well, but you're not helping the situation by uploading it again and making it easier for people to find. Pointing at someone else and saying "well he did it too" doesn't make it alright.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Back on topic, yes Balloon Cement is real and it's a very fun album. Recommend purchasing it highly. :D

+1000000

Bucketfel

April 30, 2012, 09:30:45 am #18 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:52:28 am by Bucketfel
Quote from: Nubbins on April 29, 2012, 05:08:06 am

I wrote a lot and decided to erase it but i do want to say this. Everyone has their own way to discover music, mine involves hearing the product before i buy it.

As long as you pay the artist for the music you enjoy, how do the order of the variables alter the end result?

Look at your record collection and tell me how many of the albums you have you thoroughly enjoy from start to finish and then tell me how many you dont even play and have been gathering dust in your collection over the years.
I can tell you that i play every single album i have in my collection from start to finish and enjoy every minute of it. (except for Spinal Clock which is an LE and i always wanted one and Green Day's American Idiot. Someone gave me that album i have it purely out of sentimental value) ;D

Also, the album is very good i love the intro track and how it combines elements from Empty Space and Underground Chambers. :)

I do have a bone to pick with what you are saying about me because at the same time i encourage people to download i also encourage them to pay which no one seems to highlight. I find it rather sad that even though i pay for Big B's albums like you i still have to shut up about why i pay for them.
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

X

Aw come on, I kinda feel bad for Droidhunter13 now. We all barked at him for what he did and he had nothing to do but admit total defeat, yet now we're still barking at him. He learned his lesson and that's all we can really do about it anymore. There's no way to tell everyone in the world this kind of information, so many more will only learn Droidhunter13's mistake by making the mistake to begin with.

DroidHunter13

Quote from: X on April 30, 2012, 10:30:41 am
Aw come on, I kinda feel bad for Droidhunter13 now. We all barked at him for what he did and he had nothing to do but admit total defeat, yet now we're still barking at him. He learned his lesson and that's all we can really do about it anymore. There's no way to tell everyone in the world this kind of information, so many more will only learn Droidhunter13's mistake by making the mistake to begin with.

Thanks for the sympathy  :) I understand why you all barked at me for it. I never though about people illegally downloading them, I had only uploaded them for those who didnt have Itunes

DisembodiedLoaf

I have mixed views on uploading songs to youtube. Are there stats that prove it hurts sales? Does it improve sales because people can sample it beforehand? Technically, illegally downloading a song does nothing to an artist. I kind of think that those who download things illegally wouldn't pay for it if paying was the only option. Think about that. If they don't want to pay, they won't pay. So why try? Personally, I buy everything out of respect for the artist, but I have a feeling that youtube creates exposure.

deadite

May 03, 2012, 10:38:56 am #22 Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:52:19 am by deadite
Quote from: DisembodiedLoaf on May 03, 2012, 04:54:24 am
I have mixed views on uploading songs to youtube. Are there stats that prove it hurts sales? Does it improve sales because people can sample it beforehand? Technically, illegally downloading a song does nothing to an artist. I kind of think that those who download things illegally wouldn't pay for it if paying was the only option. Think about that. If they don't want to pay, they won't pay. So why try? Personally, I buy everything out of respect for the artist, but I have a feeling that youtube creates exposure.

i kinda agree. I always download or stream an album before i buy a cd. sometimes even after i buy coz i cant wait for it to arrive in the mail.  dont get me wrong, i'm a collector ( I reckon most bucketbots are too) and i buy heaps of stuff (physical stuff that is)
If i like it I buy it. If i dont like it i probably still buy it but i dont listne to it

robotpie3000

Quote from: Bucketfel on April 30, 2012, 09:30:45 am

I can tell you that i play every single album i have in my collection from start to finish and enjoy every minute of it. (except for Spinal Clock which is an LE and i always wanted one and Green Day's American Idiot. Someone gave me that album i have it purely out of sentimental value) ;D

are you kidding me???? I LOVE GREEN DAY!!!!

robotpie3000

well nubbins and tempbucketdog, I shall tell you, that I listened to Balloon Cement in youtube already, but I haven't brought the album yet. In fact, whenever a new CD comes up, I always see if I can her some song in youtube before deciding if it is worth or not to buy. What's the point of spending $10 - $15 on something you might just listen to once? Unless you are an avid collector, the money aint worth it if that is the case. And I never have seen any legit sources stating statistics and facts about youtube negatively hindering Buckethead album sales. Unless you can convince me other wise I'd say you are typing purely out of emotion of your concern for the bucket, which is good, but to be frank, if it wasn't for the people uploading songs or videos on youtube, I doubt the Bucketehad fan base would be as large as it is now. Without Youtube, there will be no robotpie, there will be no other tdrs members, there will be no other tk members.

Tempbucketdog

May 03, 2012, 02:52:21 pm #25 Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:41:12 pm by Tempbucketdog
Quote from: robotpie3000 on May 03, 2012, 01:17:21 pm
well nubbins and tempbucketdog, I shall tell you, that I listened to Balloon Cement in youtube already, but I haven't brought the album yet. In fact, whenever a new CD comes up, I always see if I can her some song in youtube before deciding if it is worth or not to buy. What's the point of spending $10 - $15 on something you might just listen to once? Unless you are an avid collector, the money aint worth it if that is the case. And I never have seen any legit sources stating statistics and facts about youtube negatively hindering Buckethead album sales. Unless you can convince me other wise I'd say you are typing purely out of emotion of your concern for the bucket, which is good, but to be frank, if it wasn't for the people uploading songs or videos on youtube, I doubt the Bucketehad fan base would be as large as it is now. Without Youtube, there will be no robotpie, there will be no other tdrs members, there will be no other tk members.
I agree with you mostly RP3000. I said in my first post my thoughts about the Internet and buckethead. It's a double edged sword. Prolly more beneficial than anything. But still true fans should not be uploading full songs on YouTube and that's the bottom line. Let the idiots that want attention for their YouTube page do that.

I have no more to say about or to bucketfel, I might as well be talking to a brick wall and that's prolly why nubbins hasn't replied to his comment. It's pointless......and aggravating. Especially the part where he said he "encourages downloading". I don't care what the circumstances are, get a job and work like the rest of us do and spend some cash on the man who changed our musical world, he deserves it. So whatever.

Bucketfel

Quote from: Tempbucketdog on May 03, 2012, 02:52:21 pm
Quote from: robotpie3000 on May 03, 2012, 01:17:21 pm
I agree with you mostly RP3000. I said in my first post my thoughts about the Internet and buckethead. It's a double edged sword. Prolly more beneficial than anything. But still true fans should not be uploading full songs on YouTube and that's the bottom line. Let the idiots that want attention for their YouTube page do that.

I have no more to say about or to bucketfel, I might as well be talking to a brick wall and that's prolly why nubbins hasn't replied to his comment. It's pointless......and aggravating. Especially the part where he said he "encourages downloading". I don't care what the circumstances are, get a job and work like the rest of us do and spend some cash on the man who changed our musical world, he deserves it. So whatever.

I think i wanted to say something in the same line as robot pie but my language skills are very bad. ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

slunkatron

My computer died and my only access to the internet right now is my nook.  It does not play itunes so far as I can tell, so until the physical cd release, youtube is the only way I can hear Cement Balloon.  For me, I can't imagine being satisfied with a youtube version of the album and will buy the cd as soon as I can.  Of course, I am not even satisfied with digital versions of albums and always want the actual cd.

DroidHunter13

Good news, Balloon Cement will be available as a CD in less than two weeks (according to a Pikes email sent to someone else) So keep a look out for it on the Pikes website!  ;D

MuldeR

Quote from: DroidHunter13 on May 06, 2012, 04:15:58 pm
Good news, Balloon Cement will be available as a CD in less than two weeks (according to a Pikes email sent to someone else) So keep a look out for it on the Pikes website!  ;D

Good to know :)
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/