New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Travis I would like to send you some of my Music

Started by Chris DiCicco, March 09, 2005, 09:13:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

I bugged you once before that I was gonna do this and back in Feb 2004, I did sent some weird scratch/Riff/looped album to Bucket after the First time I saw him.

Anyway the Album in question is \' How To Make Soup \' by my anagram \'Chic Disc Rico " with some added loops by  my band  \' the Secret Socioty \' totaling 18 songs in all

Would you want me to send it via UPS or USPS

Yes

No

Maybe

... Thanks

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Travis

Chris,

Can you post a link here to your music? I have a better chance of listening to music posted here. The last thing you want is to have your music end up on my stack of "to be listened to" CD\'s.

Chris DiCicco

Alright I don\'t know how to post Music from Comp to web but Vica versa is easy enough , some times it crashs down and I panic, so sadly my CDR will go nowhere.

Creeps back away from Computer.....
The Exosphere  2013

CMA

March 11, 2005, 05:02:49 pm #3 Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 05:05:08 pm by Chris_Moss
chris

if you send your mp3 files to me i can host them on the huzzi for you :)

send away to smojphace@gmail.com

up to you.

\'ve thought about starting huzzi music

where i host artists.. no money will be made but mosreof a place where your music will  have a chance to be heard

gkg

thats a good idea CM!

still thinking about that indi label thing...?  :D
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

:( yes good idea but my email servic has a cow when I tried sending you @ the Huzzihut some rythumic loops i done sometime last year or before, I chopped them down to 10 second intro\'s and nothing, Email came back saying undeliverable do to Blah Blah Blah computer fart, diffrent Speed, File to big also I could only attach three infinity small files on to the Email (i.e.) Pictures.
Lastly I just got this computer back from a very nasty Virus called Geobot or Goebot an even if I could I don\'t wanna risk some nastier and stronger, coming in.
I did sell three to a local Music store, they\'er still diciding what the blue blazes is been played (i.e.) Soup! they held off on two so thats Five that are in bags hek maybe I\'ll give the rest to familey members, maybe I\'ll send one to Buckethead see what He thinks... anything is great just as long as I get out there.
Thanks Chris Moss anytime you visit Planet California look me Up I\'m in the Northern Hemisphere, litl place called Davis, you too GKG, I live around a painters dream .

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

might have to head that way some time - meanwhile - send Chris Moss your CD - he can upload from there... it\'s not instant gratification but it\'s gratification none the less.

Chris Moss is a very cool guy to work with and you should have satisfaction in a week or two, maybe three?  what\'s a little wait?
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA

yeah send me a cd, i\'ll pm you with my address. soon as you send it i\'ll uopload it and put it on a new section of the huzzi

Travis

Thanks Chris M for volunteering some server space. I have been working on a way to offer some server space as well for people who want to post some music for me or others to listen to but can\'t do it themselves. I\'m working on an FTP system that works from your browser to upload to my server and offer a link here.  I maybe getting a little ahead of my own development on this as I\'ve got several nuts and bolts to work out but since you all are talking about it let me ask a couple of things. Out of curiosity, Chris D, what speed internet connection do you have, dial up or something faster? Would anyone who has sent music for me to listen to be comfortable with it being posted publicly or would you prefer it just to be listened to by me, in other words should I build in the ability to choose. I\'ve been working on and artist support area and I\'m coding software and trying to gauge the scope of this and what I will include.

Chris DiCicco

March 12, 2005, 05:54:14 pm #9 Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 05:56:09 pm by Chris
yeah! to Chris Moss, I will send you a CD a big influence of mine is English Rock, but I\'m broke now will send you a CD  in April. What does PM mean?

To Travis I have this free, Internet software from UCD, not very fast, not very slow, what oh a Dial up or were it jacks into the phoneline, via the wall.

NO DSL
NO Enternet Explorer
NO AOL
NO DENNIS MILLER
YES Eudora but non-active

My Email is hosted?! by a thing called Gecko mail its useful to a point of off the cuff chit chat, but nothing like sending whole files through .

OK thats way to much info.

Chris D
The Exosphere  2013

CMA

March 13, 2005, 01:07:28 pm #10 Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 01:13:01 pm by Chris_Moss
to travis, i think its a great idea to publicly host peoples music. im supporting that idea no end. also im liking the idea of an ftp upload system.. there is a buckethead ftp server on the binge board and everyone is loving that. so i think it will be a great sucsess

to chris, PM = personal message, i.e you revied a message in the top right hand corner, from me containing my address to send your cd\'s to.

Chris DiCicco

Oh! scratches head with new found Knowledge, Thanks, sorry I\'m not hep to thee abreviated Internet Lingo...

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

Travis - i think the choice option is a good one.

Chris - CM means when you look at the screen right now you will see a message in the top right corner that says "Hey, Chris, you have __ messages."  click on the ___messages part and it takes you into your own Personal Message area and you can read a message that CM has posted for you there, and you can answer him there as well.
Peace.

Chris DiCicco

GKG, I thunked it out being away from this Internet can make the fingers an Mind dull into there selves, anyway I\'m hot on my next Album, The Cosmic We... more to come later, in general section.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Travis

March 15, 2005, 05:52:41 pm #14 Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 05:54:54 pm by admin
I\'ve set up a folder on my server for the server-less who would like to share mp3s of your music with us. I\'m working on a more elaborate page with a FAQ but for now I\'ll let you beta test it this way.  First I ask that if you have a server I prefer you use it instead of mine to preserve the little bandwidth I have for those that have no place else.  Second and this is already happening for some, use this category to post a description of your music and your self and post a link to your Mp3. I prefer a direct link right to your music, you may of coarse link you web page as well, but separately so we can get directly to your music. The thread you start with your link is where comments about it can be posted. If you don\'t want to share your music publicly but want me to hear it send an email link to your file. For now to use my server I would like you to limit your upload to mp3s only and one at a time just to see how it goes.

To up load go here: ftp://travisdickerson.com/music/
the account is: music
the password is: tdrsmusic

When you post the link to your mp3 use this:
http://www.travisdickerson.com/music/yoursong.mp3

If your unsure how to do this, there are may free ftp programs available that make this easy, you may already have one. If you don\'t, do a Google for "free ftp client"
If your on a Mac I like "Transmit", "Fetch" or really easy is "File Cute:, you can find that here:http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19222

If your on a Windows Machine and you have a 4.0 browser or higher like Exploerer, you can use the browser to upload. Just click on this link:
ftp://travisdickerson.com/music/ you will be prompted for you username: music, and your password: tdrsmusic, then just drag your mp3 into the browser window and it will upload.

As I said before I\'m putting together a more comprehensive section on Artist support and I\'ll include that info, links to utilities and some new features for this web site there.