New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Does this go on near any of you?

Started by stuffyrandL, September 25, 2006, 02:29:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuffyrandL

September 25, 2006, 02:29:11 am Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:49:34 am by stuffyrandL
I found this article in the paper today!  Thought some of you might be interested.  Do any of you have one near you?

http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060924/NEWS01/109240145/-1/CITIZEN

I hadn\'t heard of it but what a neato idea!  Around here, we have community gardens.  You pay ten or twenty dollars to the community extension and get a garden plot.  You plant, tend, and harvest it yourself.  We did it one year and it was really cool.  I wish I had room to do it again!  It was nice having fresh veggies but a pain to drive to the plot every day to gather and all.  

This just seems like a good way to use conservation land and such.  Thought you might be interested!
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb

gkg

poop.  i need to fill out a form to read the article... i really don\'t like those.  feels like having to give my driver\'s license to buy allergy medication.  oh, wait, i do have to do that these days.  yeesh.

anyway - i don\'t know the gist of the article but i do love a nice community garden.  there used to be some in NYC that were wonderful places of fellowship and sharing.  haven\'t seen that in suburban Northern Cal.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

stuffyrandL

Shoot!  I didn\'t realize you had to subscribe to read online!  I\'m sorry.  That\'s annoying for me, too!  I wonder if it would be okay to post it here.  Or would that be like stealing it?  Any thoughts, gkg?
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb

gkg

technically, one is not supposed to repost - it is copyrighted material.  i wouldn\'t do it, but i have seen it done.  generally, i go for the email option, but that\'s rather limiting.  sorry!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved