New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

favourite quotes

Started by d6, February 02, 2006, 11:43:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ZQ

"The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it."
- Blood of the Martyr

BIG HUGZ  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

ella_mental

What?

Darth Vader - A New Hope ...when Han Solo shows up during Luke\'s attempt to blow up the Death Star.  It\'s absolutely hillarious...at least to me.  Atypical of Vader.  

ZQ

Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.

Letters to a Young Poet ~ Rainer Maria Rilke ~

ella_mental

When everyone knows beauty is beauty, this is bad.
When everyone knows good is good, this is not good.

So being and nonbeing produce each other,
Difficulty and ease complement each other,
Long and short shape each other,
High and low contrast with each other,
Voices and echoes comform to each other,
Before and after go along with each other.

So sages manage effortless service and carry out unspoken guidance.

All beings work, without exception if they:
Live without possessiveness,
Act without presumption,
and do not dwell on success.
Then by this very nondwelling success will not leave.

A translation from the Tao Te Ching

eggman90

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away."

-George Carlin

ZQ

"Now, if you\'ll observe, my dear, croquet is a combination of TWO things: balance, timing, peripheral vision, superb coordination, and a killer\'s instinct!"
Gomez Addams

Wise indeed.... ;D

BIG HUGZ!  

nuff_said

"All things... are aggregations of atoms that dance and by their movements produce sounds.  When the rhythm of the dance changes, the sound it produces also changes... Each atom perpetually sings its song, and the sound, at every moment, creates dense and subtle forms."

- a lama who referred to himself as a "master of sound"
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

Duckhead

June 04, 2008, 07:53:38 am #82 Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:57:53 am by Duckhead
I was watching an Elmo video with my daughter and this little girl said something I thought was beautiful. I love the creativeness of childrens imaginations. Here is the quote:

"I think cokcel shells are little clams that are golden and inside of them are little beads. And those beads, when they come out, they open up and sing a song."

ZQ

"The burden of originality is one that most people don\'t want to accept. They\'d rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they\'re supposed to like, what they\'re supposed to buy, and what they\'re supposed to laugh at. "
Marilyn Manson

Big Hugz  :)

nuff_said

the above quote made me think of something from a GREAT movie called NETWORK (1976) - this is a must see

"I don\'t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It\'s a depression. Everybody\'s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel\'s work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there\'s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there\'s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV\'s while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that\'s the way it\'s supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They\'re crazy. It\'s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don\'t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, \'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won\'t say anything. Just leave us alone.\' Well, I\'m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don\'t want you to protest. I don\'t want you to riot - I don\'t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn\'t know what to tell you to write. I don\'t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you\'ve got to get mad.

You\'ve got to say, \'I\'m a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!\' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,

\'I\'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I\'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!\' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - \'I\'m as mad as hell and I\'m not going to take this anymore!\' Things have got to change. But first, you\'ve gotta get mad!... You\'ve got to say, \'I\'m as mad as hell, and I\'m not going to take this anymore!\' Then we\'ll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

character Howard Beale, Network (1976)
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ella_mental

This isn\'t a quote with words, but a fashion statement.  I think the funniest outfit I\'ve ever seen in a movie is in Christmas Vacation when Cousin Eddie is dressed in a dickie turtleneck with a white sweater over it and those tight trousers and white shoes.  A classic every time.

Aequitas

"Hopefully your child exits you as nicely as it entered."

-Erasmus 1504 A.D, a blessing for pregnant, non-married women.
Respect.

nuff_said

Real love gains complete satisfaction simply by flowing out to what is loved;  if love comes back, that is an added joy, but it isn\'t required or demanded.

~Deepak Chopra

Duckhead

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Aequitas

"Murder, she wrote."

~Yoda, later inspiring a hit movie.
Respect.