New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New Zappa Plays Zappa DVD

Started by zintar, November 22, 2007, 05:37:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zintar

So, we went and saw ZPZ again this year ( this past Sunday night ). Lucky for us, here in Portland they play a rather small room. Like last year, a truly wonderful show. Set list was 90% different and Dweezil continues to sound more and more like Frank ( no easy task ! ). Anyway, the new DVD is out.... filmed here in Portland and Seattle last year. It\'s f**kin\' awsome. Vai and Bozzio destroy. I\'ve seen Frank tons of times on the 84 and 88 tours and I must say, I enjoy ZPZ just as much. Every and/or anybody who is a fan off good music and monster guitar solos should check it out. Last year I saw them on Dec 21 ( FZ B-Day 4 hour show ! ), this year was my B-day ( Nov 18 2Hr 45Min show ).... anyway we get home and pop in the dvd and low and behold there\'s my wife, there\'s me. We were right up front, mere feet away from Bozzio\'s painfully large drumkit. Such a fun night last year and now I can watch it again and again. It\'s like a time machine ! ( I was also at the NYC Pier shows that make up FZ\'s DHBIM video ).
Awsome. I miss Frank a bunch  :(. So pleased Dweezil is doing this. Check it out. ;D

Lefty

January 10, 2008, 03:18:10 pm #1 Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:18:33 pm by Lefty
I\'ll do that
I saw them the first time they came around in Boston
Also checked out Project Object a couple times
Did you see Zappa plays Zappa on Conan? They did a great Willy the Pimp! I\'m not sure who was singing
Erect Intestines

zintar

Yep. I saw that. The singer was/is Ray White. He sang with FZ\'s bands on and off from 76 on through 84. He\'s great.

Chris DiCicco

Zappa Plays Zappa Crest in Sacramento later today at 7 pm, I will be there.

will You?

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

zintar

March 06, 2009, 04:23:16 pm #4 Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 04:52:10 pm by zintar3000
QuoteZappa Plays Zappa Crest in Sacramento later today at 7 pm, I will be there.

will You?

Chris DiCicco

Groovy ! Have fun Chris. We just saw them again back in
January. You are in for a treat ! ( just stay away from that
dark beer, heh heh heh ).

on a related note. . . ZPZ won a Grammy ( best rock instrumental, I believe ) for the version of PEACHES EN REGALIA from the dvd mentioned above. I do not watch
much television ( and certainly not awards shows ), but I did get to hear Dweezil\'s acceptance speech when Howard Stern played it. It was touching. That song was originally released on HOT RATS ( year1969 ). HOT RATS was dedicated to Dweezil at the time. Pretty cool how it all came round.

Chris DiCicco

will do Zin, its at the Crest which if memory serves does not serve beer, it is like Disney land going in there thou... ::) :D ;)

CHris DiCiccO

about 5 hours away from show time, oh yeah I\'ll be watching the DVD as well in a bit.
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

just got back...

highlights Billy the Mountain, Peach in Regalia, Cosmic Debris and a whole lot more.

lowlights, people getting so stoned that they have to be dragged out by big beefy men (NOT ME EITHER ONE OF THOSE), guitar difficulty\'s...

...coming down now.

whoooaaa cough
The Exosphere  2013