Live in studio performances

Getting on the Elvis Boat

Started by Chris DiCicco, June 29, 2006, 08:58:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

Anyone like the King,

I got Gospel, Country, Hits Vol.3

DVD 68 CBSDE, Aloha FH.

felt like I was missing something, man oh man what a boatride.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

he certainly has his place in the pantheon.

often prefer hank williams senior and patsy cline though... old willie tunes and the original grand old opry gang

gotta get me a hat with a price tag!  :D
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

oldfolkie

Chris, I have to confess I\'m with gkg on this. Maybe it\'s that we were around while Elvis was still a reigning "king" so we have to dig a little deeper for our nostalgia?

gkg, ROFL!!! Which would you rather be called, "Pearl" or "Minnie"?  You take one & I\'ll take the other -- I have great recollections of my Dad listening to the country classics, Hank Sr., Jimmie Rodgers, the (original) Carter Family...some grand ole voices there ;)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

call me "Pearl"!  

yep, it was Dad\'s music too.  he gave me tickets to the Ice Capades one year for my birthday.  i must have been turning 8 and i had been a real pest about going - we didn\'t have much money then - well, then i found out Johnny Cash was coming to town i traded my tickets in for tickets for Dad to see him, i think my Mom probably chipped in whatever the difference was (if there was any, that ice show was a big deal back then).  Dad played the standup bass and one year friends made him a washtub bass - man he was good at playing that too.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

As I have stated I came from Two Beatles House holds, so the Elvis Team was like the vistors and Beatles Team were Home.

One thing I find odd, is that Elvis and Buckethead both gave out gifts, Elvis what with parts of his outfit, Scarvs and Capes and Buckethead with what Toys, Buckets.

Maybe I\'m on to something here....

I also finally got into Dean Martin after having heard That\'s Amore, near around My Childhood, I got a Bio of him by Nick Tosches....

missing the other two comments completely, I niether want to be called Pearl or Minnie or Hank....

The Name I refer to when I don\'t know someones name is Bob or Bobby if they\'er a women, this has only backfired once.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

oldfolkie

Sorry, Chris, we were being too cryptic!

The lady with the "hat with the price tag" was Minnie Pearl, and Hank Williams Sr was a great country singer-songwriter who lived fast & died young. Both played at Nashville\'s Grand Ole Opry. Hank is well worth a listen, and not hard to find. Give him a try sometime?

I\'m totally with you on Dean Martin. A much underrated singer. Also a pretty good comic actor. :D

I\'m not sure why I don\'t get into Elvis more. Will have to ponder.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

Chris DiCicco

July 03, 2006, 09:18:11 am #6 Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 09:19:57 am by Chris
QuoteSorry, Chris, we were being too cryptic!

The lady with the "hat with the price tag" was Minnie Pearl, and Hank Williams Sr was a great country singer-songwriter who lived fast & died young. Both played at Nashville\'s Grand Ole Opry. Hank is well worth a listen, and not hard to find. Give him a try sometime?

I\'m totally with you on Dean Martin. A much underrated singer. Also a pretty good comic actor. :D

I\'m not sure why I don\'t get into Elvis more. Will have to ponder.

Have Heard HWIII\'s drug adled album awhile back it was massively strange, Pasty Cline? I don\'t know... WATCH OUT! the Dean Martin Book is riddled with the Who\'s who of Film and Mafia...

As for the Elvis ponderings ( And Everbody) get The Ultimate Gospel Collection CD of 30 count\'m 30 hits sung by the King, this one of the ones that got Me started on this boat.....

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

found the 2 book bio of Elvis both are 500+ pages....

WOOOF!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Veruca Salt,

Torrents are no good for Me I have Dial Up....

but like I said drawing a fine line between Elvis And Bucket is they both can command the Audience, Elvis with his voice and Bucket with his Guitar.

Am I wrong?

I would really like to visit Graceland, which so happens to be a museum now.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Yes Fan Numero Uno!

Chris

Sorry for the BAD Spanish
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Thinking about making a Pilgrimage to Graceland... it now a museum.. open to the public.

maybe next Year.

Flying?

Hotel, Motel?

Transportation?

Tour Guid, group?

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

A good book on this just thing and not just here in No Cal but around the World to.

The Field Guide to Elvis Shrines

by

Bill Yenne

anywho just what I need to start off with and to think I was considering a Trouristy Travel Book, what lammo blahh that would be.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

found a Christmas Record by Elvis, only 3 dollars used whatadeal!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

oh gwad another year old post..

oi new Elvis Movies Thats the Way it is Special Edition two disc set and This is Elvis SpEd 2 D as well.

30 years ago aug 16th He died...

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

safeway has Elvis PEZ dispensers 3 for 20 dollars the PEZ are Army Elvis, Comeback Elvis, Vegas Elvis, ...

400,000 are made.

just a thought, yo.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013