New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

The Most Annoying Question Yet

Started by Chris DiCicco, October 17, 2005, 05:03:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

I\'ve probably have info on this, but then I probably Don\'t.

1 where does someone get barcodes?

2 how does a person acquire a one those dredfully annoying CD case sticky sealers?

3 do You (Travis) do the shrink wrap on CD\'s or do You have an underling to do your bidding?

4 Printing company\'s do they do Everything CD face, Booklet/ Page insert, back Cover?

I ask becuase the Indie rout is the way I\'m heading...

much of the above can and probably should go unanswered, Thanks Anyway!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Must be to Annoying?

No Answer to my ponderings!

hmmm....

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

i know there are a bunch of suppliers out there - but here is in general what you\'re looking for:

http://www.ambientmusic.co.uk/cd_shrink_wrap.html

you can print your own labels and case inserts, or you can pay to have it done - depends on the volume and way you\'re getting the CDs produced.  is someone else burning the CDs?  they probably have all this set up then - if you\'re burning yourself, you need the wrappers and either to print or have printed the liners and labels.  wham - you\'re in business.

oh, and you need a business license/registered business name, with a resale permit to collect sales tax.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA

i pay £5 on cd-r\'s then i burn 16 tracks of my unreleased music and sell them at my rave ups last time i got £10  i also made t-shirts as well..    and also got a £10 for playing

gkg

yeah - selling some CDs bootleg style at raves is different from doing the indie label thing - here they get really gnarly if you don\'t get their sales tax to them if you\'re doing it via an internet or "store" venue.  the US gov\'t really has its fingers in all the pies, or wants to... i would get crap for selling paintings without collecting sales tax, if i sold enough for them to notice... as it is i\'m already gearing up to do the whole tax permit thing next year.  not worth the hassles and fines.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

Hmmm, was just thinking about my musical life after the Huzzi thing plays out, thinking along the lines of going back to my label idea.... underground underground Underground weirdness , yeah well O.K. I could deal with Kinko\'s, they have a Duplication deal and I should have done it with the soon to be release but I would give up control over the thing, and I didn\'t/don\'t want to do that.

Life after the Huzzi, whats this? you say well my loose contract is for Five (5) Disc\'s of music and well I\'m looking towards the future as in late 06 07 08 and beyond to land another deal with another label, would be fun and artisticly challegeing but.........

Chris
The Exosphere  2013