Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Bob Moog

Started by deconstruct, July 15, 2005, 03:28:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

deconstruct

July 15, 2005, 03:28:44 am Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 06:37:26 pm by deconstruct
It saddens me to learn that Bob Moog was recently diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer. He is currently bed-ridden. Well-wishers may send tributes here, as well as read updates on his condition via his wife\'s blog.

If you think about all the modern music you love, no matter genre, style, or artist, it\'s pretty safe to say Bob Moog is responsible for it in some way. His will be an immeasurable legacy.

http://www.moogmusic.com/pictures/3bs.jpg

Travis

I was saddened to read about this as well. I have been enthralled with the Moog since I saw one demonstrated in the mid sixties. Switched on Bach and the sound track to A Clockwork Orange had a big impact on me both in terms of the Moog and a love affair with Beethoven I\'ve had ever since. I love my Mini Moog, it\'s expressiveness and power make it one of the great musical inventions ever. Bob Moogs influence on the sound of every kind of music is incalculable. It\'s good to know that he was appreciated and recognized for his contributions in his lifetime and he deserves it every bit as Les Paul or Leo Fender, maybe more.

Chris DiCicco

Oh Man what news, sad now do either of you have the Moogerfooger....I love saying that and spelling....

Now I\'m Sad :\'(

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

my dad was a huge Moog fan, i grew up on those albums - as soon as we hit the states practically he was buying those.  

as Travis said, it\'s great that he got recognition in his lifetime.  it\'s up to musicians and fans to see that he knows right now how much he is still revered and appreciated.  and to keep the flame burning.

Moog is a brilliant man - i find it interesting that the cancer has attacked his brain - such a tragic irony there.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

Has anyone from thee above Posts seen the Movie Documentry about Moog....?

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

not i - hoping to find a source for it.  i\'d love for my son to see it too.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

I bottled down and ran over to my local Record Store and bought last night... haven\'t seen it yet.

Thank You, Deconstruct for mentioning this, the guy at the Record store said that he died, when they were just finishing this Movie up.

before you ask me \' Chris what the hek do I look for \' the Movies called " Moog A Documentary Film by Hans Fjellestad " by plexifilm, soundtrack available on Hollywood Records... Or www.moogmovie.com.

hope this clears up any and all questions and qanderies... you may have , I know I did.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

deconstruct

Chris, you\'re welcome. No, I haven\'t seen the documentary but would like to.

Chris DiCicco

no problem, just trying to help with this post , I hope GKG finds the Movie somewheres, sorta sounded like she wanted to see it.

If he did die, I would hope it would be in his sleep, thats how I wanna go...

opps gettin sorta morbid....

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

August 01, 2005, 07:36:42 am #9 Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 07:37:33 am by Chris
This Movie\'s pretty good!

Bought it  072905

Saw it! 073005

Loved it! 080105

Chris
The Exosphere  2013