New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

How does it feel, Travis???

Started by BellaLuna, August 07, 2004, 12:49:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BellaLuna

Travis, how does it feel to have Mr. Viggo mention his work w/you in this recent article?  ;)

>Viggo after the reign
By LISA WILTON -- Calgary Sun
In September, the ruggedly handsome actor will release an instrumental CD, entitled Please Tomorrow, on which he collaborated with son Henry and Japanese guitarist Buckethead.

"It\'s about the work in the end," he says. "That\'s the enduring thing.

"It\'s doing it and learning from it that\'s the most fun, I found. I love being in the recording studio and seeing what happens and the surprises that do happen."  <

So, Travis, what kind of \'surprises\' happen in the studio?  :D

Ever curious--
Bella )O(

CMA

QuoteJapanese guitarist Buckethead.  

japanese inspired guitarist buckethead?

Travis

"So, Travis, what kind of \'surprises\' happen in the studio?"

You can find out on Sept 1. Of coarse the really interesting stuff is like Vegas, it stays here.

"japanese inspired guitarist buckethead?" that\'s a good one Chris, it will be interesting to see what this morphs into after it travels around the net for awhile.

oldfolkie

how about "buckethead-inspired japanese guitarist"?  ;)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

BellaLuna

Thanks Travis!  I\'ll be looking forward to Sept. 1st! ::)

Peace,
Bella )O(

Saul

"japanese inspired guitarist buckethead?" that\'s a good one Chris, it will be interesting to see what this morphs into after it travels around the net for awhile.

It\'s actually been on the net for quite some time. I remember reading that a month or two ago , if not longer? And yeah , some threads popped up about the "japanese" wording.  :)

Ocean

I was made aware of Buckethead by accident. A distributor forwarded, "Colma" to my address. I didn\'t even realize it was in the file until I read a review, months later, that said Buckethead was the greatest living guitarist in the world today.
That impressed me, considering the talent that is out there.  
Then low and behold, days later , I discovered his CD in my files.
Amazing music! I\'m also a massage therapist and that music is perfect for the atmosphere of peace and relaxation.

Re: The "Japanese" reference to BH.  I think people take license with their imagination , regarding his ethnicity, because all they see is that beautiful long, wavy black hair, when he does make a public appearance. The KFC bucket and or mask, keep the publics subjective predelections at bay, since they can\'t gain a true visual of this man. So their imaginations run wild trying to put a face to the talent,  they think of as  mutually exclusive.

I think it would be a beautiful thing if, in the end, it was discovered that  Buckethead is a Native American female!  Just to watch those that applied all that judgement and imagining, drop to their knee\'s in the literal "face" of it all.

CMA

August 10, 2004, 10:06:51 pm #7 Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 10:08:23 pm by Chris_Moss
not to nit pick, but buckethead has brown curly hair.

also back in the mid 90\'s on one gig review the reporter was calling buckethead a girl for the entire review.  :-/

m4sure

I wonder how many "Buckets" Buckethead has in his wardrobe!?!  :D

Ocean

No sweat bebe. I don\'t call setting me straight, "nitpicking". I appreciate knowing the correct facts ,when I\'m wrong. ;)

I saw a picture of him once and it appeared as if his hair was jet black. My error. Thanks again Darlin. :)

hexitt

I read in some buckethead interview that he has over 40 old-school (stripes & colonel) buckets to choose from!  Who knows?  He could probably afford to have any buckets made of any style or texture...and as many as he wants.  There\'s no way on Earth that bucketbotchickenboy is a girl.

Ocean

August 11, 2004, 03:21:37 pm #11 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:34:28 am by Travis
With all respect;  how is there "no way" BH is a girl!? 

And please don\'t reference, "no boobs".
Have you taken a look at some of  Hollywierd\'s female celebrities walking the red carpet\'s lately!?  :-/
"I\'m not anorexic, I\'m couture!"

*smacks self* Bad Ocean, bad, bad!

[size=10]
*font color edit* How do you get Blue from inputting "lime green" from the font color list!?*[/size]

gkg

if you take a really good look at the photos of BH that are around, including on this site, you can see that the build, musculature, hands, neck and other parts visible all strongly point to male gender.  not that it wouldn\'t be possible to meet a woman with those physical attributes, but you would more likely meet her in the athletic arena than the musical.  neck and hands like that are really a male trait.  

not knowing what BH\'s face looks like i would have to guess but with all the other features visible, i would say he\'d make a very striking woman, but i doubt strongly that he is one.  except maybe for the occasional saturday night adventure   ;)  mind turning to lurid thoughts... sigh...   :-*
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

:o :o :o :o You two stay out of the Gutter NO No No kidding but ya strayed close thats very easy to do in one of these talks Bucket is Not a Women, Man but a Fowl me thinks closly in realation to a dinosaur but then thats coming from a Dog like me, Hek he could be a Robot eva think of that Hmmm, also He\'s sorta like Silent Bob I saw him talking at the Empire show, I ain\'t gonna ask Travis thou reads like I just did... :P

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

even robots have gender, or i hope they do...

life would be pretty damn dull without a little time near the gutter, sweet thing.   :-*
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved