New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Questions about Studios

Started by Chris DiCicco, June 30, 2004, 05:27:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gkg

Greg Lake\'s "From the Underground, vol 2" - it\'s really great.

i have heard of them - hear they\'re good but i haven\'t actually heard their work.  yet.

you are the music!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

;D Yes thanks ready to spin like the rest of them Monday my frettless comes.. I did read in Bass Guitar for Dummies that the guy who wrote warned the reader off of getting a frettless but I love the things , I was at Guitar Center and was going to town on a very Chachink Expencvise bass something called a Warrick er Warwick?! and I found it so much easyer but alas was po\'re that ever but yeah Greg Lake uh played with Ringo Starr in a DVD I have somewhere so I now about him..

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

August 04, 2004, 08:29:06 pm #47 Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 08:32:03 pm by gkg
LOL!!  one man\'s poison... you like fretless, do it man.  the moneyfactor comes into play WAY too much in life - but hey, if you gotta have that bass then you do what you gotta do.  Lake was great in King Crimson too - they\'re like in a 5th incarnation since he and Fripp founded it but it was terrific in its day.  just like the original ELP it went south when moods and egos got in the way.  relationships change...  oops - this is starting to sound like the Axl/Bucket thread.

anyway, looking forward to hearing what happens once you get that baby in your hands.  
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Chris DiCicco

8) oh yeah its cool don\'t know much about Bass cords but I just make it up as I go along yeah! King Crimson I once did this collage of diffrent scans of old/new in the court of the crimson king album cover montage never got that printed though but way out there groovein in a cycle like Fripp and Belew\'s? guitar works well in Cirkus the young persons guide to King Crimson, Bucket should do something with Fripp er vicaversa over under sideways down an up!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

with Fripp would be good, but i\'d also love to see Bucket with Lake.  and i\'m probably a lone voice here but i would love to see him work with Brian May too - the man has some interesting tonality and dexterity...
Peace.

Chris DiCicco

;D YES Brian May is AWESOME did you see his on the Queens jubilee wailing away on the room of the Palace, I dig his slow style too really brings out the ringing tones , yeah! it was\'nt Hendrix doing the anthem but damn near close... I would like Bucket and Jeff Beck to work together but then agein Ace Frehley would be cooller then ice cubes oh and throw Mickey Hart and Jonh Paul Jones in to the mix with Travis on Keys.. One big orgy of music but only in dreamland One can only dream, then My dead person set would consist of Jerry Garcia on guitar and Jaco on Bass with Eric Carr on drums! whadd\'ya think of that. Heavy Tomato\'s

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

oh man i\'m THERE!!!  

hey Travis - if yer readin\' - some really sweet thoughts flowing on folks you, Bucket, Lindy et al would sound soooooo hot with.  what a room full of joyful noise that would be, even without the ghosts, but i\'ll bet they\'d turn up too.
Peace.

Chris DiCicco

??? opps! fergot about Lindy I\'ll have to pick up his CD as well , lame question is Travis on it?

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

now you knew the answer to that question before you asked it, didn\'t ya?  you need keys and you have travis in your family tree, where the hell else you gonna go?  you can\'t ask for better than that.  tony brock is on it - and a guy named tim pailing whom i know nothing about but if he\'s good in lindy\'s and travis\' estimation then he must be pretty damn good.

oh, moment of silence - i just got told killer kane died.  yes, i cop to an interest in NYDolls in the day.
Peace.