New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

repress out of stock CD\'s

Started by Travis, April 22, 2011, 05:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DisembodiedLoaf

Got that CD as well as "Bucketheadland 2" from the Norman\'s Sound & Vision online store for $18 each.

Unfortunately their site is "Down for Maintenance ..." for quite some time now  ???
It\'s been Down for Maintenance for at least 3 weeks so I ordered both PO and BHL2 from amazon. I was feeling some anxiety, fearing they\'d go out of print. :o At least one of them came from ION and I didn\'t pay more than 20 bucks for each.

Siggelump

It\'s been Down for Maintenance for at least 3 weeks so I ordered both PO and BHL2 from amazon. I was feeling some anxiety, fearing they\'d go out of print. :o At least one of them came from ION and I didn\'t pay more than 20 bucks for each.
I bought Population Override and Chicken Noodles from Normand\'s over a year ago, I payed for the CD\'s but they never showed up... I also tried to contact them but no luck.  >:(

robotpie3000

I bought Population Override and Chicken Noodles from Normand\'s over a year ago, I payed for the CD\'s but they never showed up... I also tried to contact them but no luck.  >:(

Theres poor service for you...

rustman1984

October 07, 2011, 01:37:41 pm #108 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:31:09 pm by rustman1984
hey, as far as the repressing of out of stock cds, iv\'e got an idea. a link is put nest to all of the oos items in a oos page. those interested go there click the link next to the item and then they are given the option to preorder. this preovides tdrs a email list. once the required # is met (a minimal # needed to do a repress) the people who expressed interest in a given title are all contacted via email to pay for the order, or possibly just pay for there and then when they chose to preorder? this would be an awesome change to the site.
rustman

Bucketfel

Quotehey, as far as the repressing of out of stock cds, iv\'e got an idea. a link is put nest to all of the oos items in a oos page. those interested go there click the link next to the item and then they are given the option to preorder. this preovides tdrs a email list. once the required # is met (a minimal # needed to do a repress) the people who expressed interest in a given title are all contacted via email to pay for the order.

I think that an email confirmation can give a more accurate estimate of how many people would want to buy the CD and if we look into ADITR and SOTP Travis needed 50 copies or more to repress it (i think), Pepper\'s Ghost can easily get that number or more given the fact that is a very mainstream album and its price is only getting higher. The same with Shadows but since less time has passed, the price has yet to reach PG levels.

And maybe now that Halloween and X-Mas are arround the corner. Maybe the demand will increase even more. ;D ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

robotpie3000

I think that an email confirmation can give a more accurate estimate of how many people would want to buy the CD and if we look into ADITR and SOTP Travis needed 50 copies or more to repress it (i think), Pepper\'s Ghost can easily get that number or more given the fact that is a very mainstream album and its price is only getting higher. The same with Shadows but since less time has passed, the price has yet to reach PG levels.

And maybe now that Halloween and X-Mas are arround the corner. Maybe the demand will increase even more. ;D ;D ;D

yeah, i really want to have Shadows Between the Sky. Now i regret i didn\'t buy it, and i dont want SBTS to turn into another OOP CD like DOTR or SOTS.

X

October 29, 2011, 08:00:41 am #111 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:03:55 am by X
Hi, I just registered this forum and felt relieved to find this thread. First of all, I need to say that I\'ve been a Buckethead fan since 2006. I own 18 of his albums in CD form and 9 of them I bought here. For a while I bought them on Amazon for rediculous prices and after I found out about this site I prefered buying the albums here because they were suprisingly cheaper.

The albums I bought here are Island Of Lost Minds, Inbred Mountain, The Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock, Crime Slunk Scene, Pepper\'s Ghost (just in time before it sold out), Decoding The Tomb Of Bansheebot, Albino Slug, and I bought Slaughterhouse On The Prairie and A Real Diamond In The Rough after I found out they got repressed. I wasn\'t one of the ones who pre-ordered those albums either so I felt overjoyed to get them.

Anyway, after finding this thread I felt like I needed to put in my feedback for this repressing matter. As of now the only albums I have on my list for Buckethead are Funnel Weaver, Bucketheadland 2, and Shadows Between The Sky. I looked on Amazon to find that album and it\'s not even available there on CD! If it sold out both here and Amazon I don\'t see why it\'s not getting repressed. Even on Buckethead\'s Last.fm page, songs from Shadows Between The Sky are actually peaking above A Real Diamond In The Rough. I was about to just download it off of iTunes, but seeing this thread made me hold out on just downloading it in hopes of buying it in CD form, so if Shadows Between The Sky ever gets repressed then PLEASE count me in!

I read through the whole thread so I understand this CDR topic. Well, I would prefer the CD format just because I use these CDs for my Boombox I got in the 90s so that I can play guitar over them. Not sure if that would change the outcome, but since Travis wanted feedback on that, well, I gave mine.

I also read the bit about Bucketheadland wanting to focus more on the touring. I\'m satisfied with that just as well too, because it was the first time I ever got to see Buckethead live! It was so good the first time that I had to see him again (all-though the second show was free). After seeing him both those times I even bought Metatron by Praxis since it had Meta-Matic on it. Although I noticed at the show he headlined in the Great American Music Hall he was selling his pike series there. So clearly Bucketheadland is still coming out with CDs. (also, just as a funny story, the guy who was selling the pike series didn\'t know jack about what he was selling so I taught him all about it XD)

That\'s all I\'ve got to say for now. I bet most of you thought tl;dr before you even read the first sentence of this, so I apologize for that. I also apologize if I sound too demanding. Something just compelled me to make this post though.

bigdstouch

I would welcome a repress of the albums mentioned, especially as SBTS is one of my favourite

X

October 29, 2011, 10:14:21 pm #113 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:15:26 pm by X
I went through the thread again and tallied up who wants which albums

Shadows Between The Sky: 15
Pepper\'s Ghost: 11

There was also one vote for Bucketheadland 2, but that album wasn\'t really in question. As for the tally, I only counted the votes of people who mentioned which CDs they wanted. People who said they\'d buy it 3 times or more only got 1 vote.

rustman1984

i\'m down for pre order on giant robot, shadows, and peppers. i posted an idea earlier, not sure if any of it was helpful or not. but if there is an official preorder, i\'ll rally up some folk to preorder, BH\'s the man!!!
rustman

bucketdog2

SBTS:16
PG:11

I\'m in for a pre-order too. 8)

bucketdog2

October 29, 2011, 11:40:32 pm #116 Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:43:20 pm by bucketdog2
What if we paid extra for a special edition of these re-releases? Change the cover art to distinguish these from the originals and only press like 300-400. Sell em for $30.00. It would not only give us a special edition of these CDs but would also make it worth Travis\'s effort. Or something like that. And maybe even toss in a bonus track or 2.

DroidHunter13

You can definitely count me in for a preorder for SBTS! I hope we can start preordering these soon, since Christmas is coming nearer...and it seems that the demand for these are pretty high.

X

bucketdog, I already counted you on the first post, but rustman\'s vote counts.

SBTS:16
PG:12

bigdstouch

I already said SBTS but Id welcome either of them being repressed haha