New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

NEW Gibson BH LP Studio available soon!

Started by stumpdangler, January 11, 2011, 07:42:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sathomaso

January 13, 2011, 10:57:40 pm #15 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:58:33 pm by sathomaso
QuoteThis is going to seem an odd question, but is this model as big as Buckethead\'s? I\'d love this guitar but if it\'s bigger than a usual Gibson there\'s just no way I\'d be able to play it comfortably. I\'m about 6 foot but due to my frame I just can\'t see it feeling good.

I hear ya, man. Same question and problems too!

These fucking coincidences... just recently finished studying and would have gotten the original Gibson BH Signature as present from my parents (I am not spoiled btw, just worked my ass of to get it).

So it was a HUUUUGE disappointment for me to read 2 weeks ago that the guitar is no discontinued.
FUCK! :-(

And it would be even worse if the "new" BH signature will have a smaller body and / or a smaller nut-width.
"The old way, with a sledge! You see that way´s better. They die better that way."
TCM (1974)[/b]

Boxenstien

i\'m small and the sig is perfect on me  8)

Blueprints #220
Best Regards #64
BHL Art #6
Spinal Clock #3

ilikeheadcheese

^^I\'m a semi large person (6\'3") but have a small frame and it was somewhat normal sized on me, one of my friends has one, and I wanted to kill her after she showed me she got one >:(  I play it every chance I get
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

stumpdangler

I hope it has the same scale as the custom. I don\'t see how they could call it a BH model if it doesn\'t, unless they had enough requests for a regular scale model.

moqi

robotpie3000

QuotePIC!!!!!

damn the bh les paul definitely stands out and is no doubt the boss of all the guitars.

stumpdangler

QuotePIC!!!!!

SCORE!!
Nice!
Looks like it has the same scale length as the first!
Different fingerboard, though. Definitely doesn\'t look like it\'s ebony. Still pretty rad! I think I want one.

moqi

Seems like the only differences are rosewood fretboard and no binding, hm!?

Yes, I want one ;)

Viking...

QuoteSeems like the only differences are rosewood fretboard and no binding, hm!?

Yes, I want one ;)

Everybody wants one!  ;D

Phydeaux_3

Everybody wants one!  ;D

I want one too!

(Baby, how \'bout you?!)

smooches,
 » Phy³
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

moqi

stumpdangler

<3

Yah...OOOHHHH AHHHHHH

My notes said the neck was slated to be mahogany...and this pic makes me think tis so....rose wood is usually a little darker...hmmm.

Well as some people are discovering, with musical instrument manufacturers specs can change with out much notice!

Great Pic!

PawnBot

BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD

Buckwheat Head

January 15, 2011, 05:05:27 pm #28 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:09:20 pm by Scott_Loveless
The neck is mahogany, but I think the fretboard is  rosewood. The finish is satin vs gloss

? Got Killswitch ?

stumpdangler

I dig the thinner profile, too, at least it from this angle...yeah.