New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Praxis - Profanation US release

Started by slntwtchr, December 17, 2010, 08:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slntwtchr

I set up a stream of \'Furies\' last night but didn\'t realize they were turning the press release around so quickly.

http://blurt-online.com/news/view/4508/

January 25 in the US for those of you who haven\'t picked up the Japanese release of Profanation. 2 live bonus tracks will be added and the album will be out on Bill\'s new label, MOD Technologies. If you haven\'t checked them out yet, you should. Two Method of Defiance releases and Gigi w/ Material. I hope to have some updates for the site soon. Method of Defiance remixes (Scratch Perry, Scientist, Mad Professor and more), a new Dr. Israel and a new Lee Scratch Perry album are just some of what the label plans in 2011

http://www.mod-technologies.com

Dave

ilikeheadcheese

Awesome I don\'t have any Praxis but is this one pretty good?
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

waisinet

QuoteAwesome I don\'t have any Praxis but is this one pretty good?

Hmm .. not really - there are far better releases by praxis like metatron or transmutation.

gb714us

Hmm .. not really - there are far better releases by praxis like metatron or transmutation.
Dont take anyones word on it.. Personally, I think it\'s amazing, but that\'s just me..

slntwtchr

Dont take anyones word on it.. Personally, I think it\'s amazing, but that\'s just me..

Look...I\'m probably one of the biggest Laswell fans out there, and now I work for him too. But I\'ll go on record saying that you\'ll be hard pressed to beat Transmutation. It should be the first Praxis album one buys. BUT, this one may be a bit uneven, but I still think it\'s a good album. And much like a lot of you support Travis and Buckethead by buying their releases, you should do the same here. Laswell is really making a play to bring back the Axiom days but in a new (and 21st century) context. Worth supporting for the chance to get more releases like this in the future.

BelieveIntheBucket

sweet. love this album, like to get it for real.. ha

BelieveIntheBucket

December 18, 2010, 05:10:46 am #6 Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 05:13:00 am by BelieveIntheBucket
wait, so method of defiance is leaving rare noise records and going indy? that was fast. i wonder if all bill\'s rare noise projects are leaving rare noise..

slntwtchr

Quotewait, so method of defiance is leaving rare noise records and going indy? that was fast. i wonder if all bill\'s rare noise projects are leaving rare noise..

Not really. MOD Technologies was set up by Bill along with Giacomo Bruzzo who runs Rare Noise with Eraldo Bernocchi. It was a logistical decision in keeping with the new Method of Defiance ethos as opposed to mixing all those things in with other Rare Noise releases. MOD Technologies will focus on releases involving members of MOD. The new Dr. Israel, a new Kondo/DJ Krush release, a new Lee Perry album (which also features Hawk, Doc and Gigi)...

SAUCE

QuoteAwesome I don\'t have any Praxis but is this one pretty good?
i think it\'s one of the best i love all the guests on it and scratch work

slntwtchr

i think it\'s one of the best i love all the guests on it and scratch work

I put it up there behind probably Transmutation (absolute classic) and Tennessee 2004. Which is one of the best live shows I\'ve heard from them. Also worth tracking down the full show from that gig, of which the ROIR release is edited from.

There\'s a rumor that Praxis MAY be there again this year.

fuzzface

SACRIFIST!

Nice to see you Dave.  Glad to see silent-watcher.net get a make over.  You\'ve always been a wealth of Laswell (and associates) knowledge.  Glad to see you\'ve hooked up with BL in a "professional" capacity.  You need to put a bug in his ear to release that Material gig from the 2004 Bonnaroo as well.  Wasn\'t it supposed to come out (that was the reason why it wasn\'t available for download like the Praxis gig was)?

Also, how is that Blood of Heroes remix disc?  I just picked up the original around xmas time...

Silverado

I wonder if the live tracks will be instrumental or have vocalists?  This Praxis reminds me of Laswell\'s attempt at an Enter the Chicken type disc.   Worship with Maximum Bob and Hawkman is a stellar track!  I really like the last couple tracks reminiscent of the Dub Chamber discs which are super cool.  Points of Order is still one of my fave Laswell efforts with Bucket!

firefitz

laswell is a great musician and he was from my home state......Michigan go blue. Just relized that there are a few people from buckethead\'s posse that have Michigan ties. so come on back big b we will be waiting with open arms.

robotpie3000

Quotelaswell is a great musician and he was from my home state......Michigan go blue. Just relized that there are a few people from buckethead\'s posse that have Michigan ties. so come on back big b we will be waiting with open arms.

Travis Dickerson was originally from Michigan as well right?

slntwtchr

QuoteSACRIFIST!

Nice to see you Dave.  Glad to see silent-watcher.net get a make over.  You\'ve always been a wealth of Laswell (and associates) knowledge.  Glad to see you\'ve hooked up with BL in a "professional" capacity.  You need to put a bug in his ear to release that Material gig from the 2004 Bonnaroo as well.  Wasn\'t it supposed to come out (that was the reason why it wasn\'t available for download like the Praxis gig was)?

Also, how is that Blood of Heroes remix disc?  I just picked up the original around xmas time...

Thanks man...I\'m on a far out orbit in the Laswell world, but it\'s nice to be there nonetheless. They treat me well.

I like most bits on Sacrifist, but that sounds less cohesive to me. Even as much as Profanation has a lot of \'guests\' on it, it still feels more like an album.

I usually talk and see more of John Brown but I\'ll try and remember to ask about Material. At one point there was a planned live release with Pharoah Sanders too - that I think might go back as far as the old Axiom days.

I admit that aside from the MOD Tech stuff that came out, I\'m a little behind on the most recent stuff (particularly BOH remixes and the Sussan Deyhim) mostly for monetary reasons. The Blood of Heroes album itself I think was a high point in general for 2010 (not just for Bill). Very solid. I want to see if I can hear the whole laswell mix of the album as I\'m curious to the sound. I love Laswell\'s mix work, and yet I feel like  the Blood of Heroes release may have done well to have NOT been mixed by Bill. Only because it deserves that almost dirty sounding mix that it has and I don\'t think that\'s Bill\'s style.

Two new Japanese only albums are coming in march too. Both killer. Everything I\'ve heard slated for 2011 so far has been great. I hope that means we\'re back in that zone again where creativity and freshness abound.