New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead contest suggestions?

Started by Bucketdog, December 28, 2010, 11:29:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucketdog

December 28, 2010, 11:29:48 pm Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 11:33:29 pm by Bucketdog
Sup bots! I want to do another contest in march and I dunno how I want to do the next one... I don\'t want suggestions on the voting process. I just want to know what the whole community here would like to see myself and the other contestants do. Needs to be related to buckethead\'s style of-course.

Also, I\'m looking for people to contribute to the next one and hopefully have a 25 person field. Potential contributors need to pm me in that regard and your names will be included in the official contest thread. I will not be accepting money till 2 weeks prior to the contest. I myself will contribute $60.00 twards the up-comming contest.

Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

ilikeheadcheese

taxidermy contest?
art

that\'s really all I can think of right now
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

Best Regards

QuoteSup bots! I want to do another contest in march and I dunno how I want to do the next one... I don\'t want suggestions on the voting process. I just want to know what the whole community here would like to see myself and the other contestants do. Needs to be related to buckethead\'s style of-course.

Also, I\'m looking for people to contribute to the next one and hopefully have a 25 person field. Potential contributors need to pm me in that regard and your names will be included in the official contest thread. I will not be accepting money till 2 weeks prior to the contest. I myself will contribute $60.00 twards the up-comming contest.

trivia contest?
maybe like a different thread for every trivia question
Best Regards #102
Spinal Clock #64
Limited Edition Canvas #174 and #182
Limited Edition Holiday Greeting Card CD
Pieces - I Need 5 Minutes Alone
Bucketheadland
Phonopsychograph Cassette

Wizard_beard

Hey Bucketdog,

I will contribute$ to the next contest(like i said i would)
I thought shooting a short horror music video or just a random creepy video would be killer contest idea.

Maybe do like a 5-6 minute video with your own music score(keeping it horror of course)

badgerbot

Bucketdog

Quotetaxidermy contest?
art

that\'s really all I can think of right now
Has to be guitar and/or bass. Actual music.
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

Bucketdog

@Wizard_beard - thanks dude! And yeah, I\'m really digging your idea.

Jowaxe

What about just best original instrumental song....any style? Keep it simple!

Best Regards

I was thinking a contest that doesnt involve making music because not everyone has guitar,bass,etc
Best Regards #102
Spinal Clock #64
Limited Edition Canvas #174 and #182
Limited Edition Holiday Greeting Card CD
Pieces - I Need 5 Minutes Alone
Bucketheadland
Phonopsychograph Cassette

robotpie3000

how bout like an extreme buckethead song quiz contest? my idea is that volunteers will make a video containing samples of a certain number of buckethead songs which contestants will try and figure out the name of the song. I\'m just unsure how to do this.

And my other idea is that we try and do a Bucketbot FF and NISS, but Im not sure if that is going to work as well.

Just some thoughts out of my head...

ilikeheadcheese

Quotehow bout like an extreme buckethead song quiz contest? my idea is that volunteers will make a video containing samples of a certain number of buckethead songs which contestants will try and figure out the name of the song. I\'m just unsure how to do this.

And my other idea is that we try and do a Bucketbot FF and NISS, but Im not sure if that is going to work as well.

Just some thoughts out of my head...

QuoteWhat about just best original instrumental song....any style? Keep it simple!

I like both of these ideas ;)
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

Bucketdog

QuoteI was thinking a contest that doesnt involve making music because not everyone has guitar,bass,etc
Well, the main squeeze around here is music. So I kinda wanted to follow suit. Besides, most of us here are muscians or have a certain fascination with music...

Bucketfel

Well, the main squeeze around here is music. So I kinda wanted to follow suit. Besides, most of us here are muscians or have a certain fascination with music...

more like an adiction on this side
 ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

D

since you asked...

have more than three people.

Typically the person putting on the contest is not a contestant.

I would also suggest putting a lot of thought into the rules so that there can be absolutely no misinterpretation of them.
Consideration and Intelligence have followed the passenger pigeon

That tiny net was sure-fire master!
Master: Yes, a tiny net is a death sentence, it's a net and it's tiny!

Bucketdog

December 29, 2010, 01:33:28 pm #14 Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:34:51 pm by Bucketdog
^^^^ I play in them because it\'s really unlikely anyone else around here (except badgerbot or wizard_beard) will ever do stuff like this. So it\'s my only oppertunity to do so...

Also if you read the post you\'d know I want close to 25 people in the next one.