Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Question for Travis

Started by gb714us, November 30, 2010, 06:49:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gb714us

Hey Travis,

Ive always wondered.. now that you have a few collabs with Buckethead done, i was wondering which has been your favorite? Or most intersting of all the sessions? and why?

Thanks in advance Travis!!

BTW.. Left Hanging is amazing!

Travis

A few, hmm, how many is it now? I count 15 CDs, 16 or 17 if you include some of the work we did for soundtracks and other singles work and add collaborations with Viggo and Cornbugs maybe more..

I\'ve enjoyed every track. I love making music. I guess if you make me say and set aside Iconography, that\'s my favorite because I kinda got where I was trying to go, Anatomize, Dragons and Running After Deer would be high on my list.

I can\'t exactly say why but those kinda scratched the itch more than any of the others. There is no cure so I will probably scratch till I bleed to death.

I\'m happy to hear your enjoying the collection of oddities.
I hope it will kindle interest in some of the work it was left behind from.

gb714us

QuoteA few, hmm, how many is it now? I count 15 CDs, 16 or 17 if you include some of the work we did for soundtracks and other singles work and add collaborations with Viggo and Cornbugs maybe more..

I\'ve enjoyed every track. I love making music. I guess if you make me say and set aside Iconography, that\'s my favorite because I kinda got where I was trying to go, Anatomize, Dragons and Running After Deer would be high on my list.

I can\'t exactly say why but those kinda scratched the itch more than any of the others. There is no cure so I will probably scratch till I bleed to death.

I\'m happy to hear your enjoying the collection of oddities.
I hope it will kindle interest in some of the work it was left behind from.

Haha sorry, I meant to put quite a good amount

I live that you say that, it shows real dedication from an artist, especially like you travis.  

I can really start to get a hint of what your musical taste is like now thanks to your response. I also got to scratching with those albums.as well.. it opened up my musical taste quite a bit.

Im happy to actually hear more tracks from.those sessions.. all of your output with pretty much every artist here on tdrs are nothing short of inspirational. I love all the stuff you offer with everyone you have played with. Thanks for answering this Travis.

One more question, how has Brian been? Everyone has been dying to.know.. its fine if you respect his privacy, and ofcourse I shall too, but I was just wondering if he\'s ok.

BelieveIntheBucket

lol, are you talking about brain? ^^
i have a feeling you were talking about buckethead though ha. just something about the way you asked was funny

gb714us

Quotelol, are you talking about brain? ^^
i have a feeling you were talking about buckethead though ha. just something about the way you asked was funny
I thought it was funny the way I asked first.. i mean..i think it\'s kinda odd asking travis about buckethead.. When I think he refers to him as brian.. Just my assumption though.. I feel better using brian with people that actuallly know him, and I refer to him as buckethead with everyone else

StuntCoyote

While we\'re already asking questions for Travis, when\'s Shadows Between The Sky and Pepper\'s Ghost coming back?  :)

pinkin66

Travis is a busy man and does alot for us..

D

I thought it was funny the way I asked first.. i mean..i think it\'s kinda odd asking travis about buckethead.. When I think he refers to him as brian.. Just my assumption though.. I feel better using brian with people that actuallly know him, and I refer to him as buckethead with everyone else

Assumptions

According to the long ago Ozzy/Buckethead incident.. paraphrasing here.... The only person that calls me brain is my mom.
Consideration and Intelligence have followed the passenger pigeon

That tiny net was sure-fire master!
Master: Yes, a tiny net is a death sentence, it's a net and it's tiny!

gb714us

QuoteTravis is a busy man and does alot for us..
This is why I think Travis is a good man.. He still manages to get time to keep in contact with his fans.. That\'s why I don\'t want to be too pushy in asking him trillions of questions. Baby steps.

D, but then wouldn\'t you be making an assumption by thinking that the quote is actuallly real, when in fact you never heard it from that specific individual, you just go on believing it was fact.. I\'m not saying it\'s not..but It can be made up.. I have my reasons to call him Brian and if it offends him, then I have no problem calling him buckethead, but its just me showing him respect..

pinkin66

QuoteThis is why I think Travis is a good man.. He still manages to get time to keep in contact with his fans.. That\'s why I don\'t want to be too pushy in asking him trillions of questions. Baby steps.
QuoteAgreed.

ilikeheadcheese

Who is this "Brian" character? ;)
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

nothinglost7

^^^ Good question.........  :)

BelieveIntheBucket

December 02, 2010, 04:15:29 am #12 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:15:50 am by BelieveIntheBucket
yeah no what u mean... i thought it was funny probably because you don\'t know buckethead so it sounds funny when you call him brian... sounded like an old friend or something is what i thought when you said that

Reanimator77

Dragons of Eden might as well be permanently glued in my stereo. It\'s been in their for a month.  ;D
Some days, it's a good day to die. And some days, it's a good day to have breakfast.

Whale_On_This

QuoteDragons of Eden might as well be permanently glued in my stereo. It\'s been in their for a month.  ;D

According to my itunes DOE has 138 plays. I fucking love that album, so damn much. The Cello hits me just right each and every time.

On a side note about strings, I really also enjoy the holy hell out of Scarlet on Iconography, reminds me of Dylan\'s Desire, which is epic.

But since we are asking questions I have but one...

Hey Travis, is there anything else in the "vault" like What (in) The Hell Was That?
If so, could I beg (on hands and knees) for it to be released someday?
That song is just amazing, and it would\'ve been a damn shame, had it never been released proper.

Also, thanks for all the stuff you do. Left Hanging is a superb album.