New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Gotta feeling buckethead is gonna.....

Started by Bucketdog, October 17, 2010, 01:14:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucketdog

If you don\'t know by now, buckethead loves filming himself. And has done many DVDs and VHS tapes. I gotta feeling another DVD is gonna be coming out in the next 5-8 years. With stuff from 2006 - whenever it gets released. I think when he gets close to retiring he will sell a DVD of himself over the years unmasked for his final piece of work(and for retirement money, I\'ll buy!). Along with other footage. Anyone else have that hunch too? I have a feeling something like that will be fourthcoming.
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

FishingBall

QuoteIf you don\'t know by now, buckethead loves filming himself. And has done many DVDs and VHS tapes. I gotta feeling another DVD is gonna be coming out in the next 5-8 years. With stuff from 2006 - whenever it gets released. I think when he gets close to retiring he will sell a DVD of himself over the years unmasked for his final piece of work(and for retirement money, I\'ll buy!). Along with other footage. Anyone else have that hunch too? I have a feeling something like that will be fourthcoming.

hmm, I don\'t think this would happen. But if it happend it would be very cool.

And I think Buckethead will never stop with making music :). Mabye he will produce not that many albums but i think he will keep on making music till he can\'t play the guitar anymore.

Whale_On_This

^^
exactly, on both accounts.
And all this retirement talk, do we think that Bucket has a pension or something?
I can see him retiring from touring, or maybe just scaling back to every few years, but I just do not see him saying "Well, I can put that guitar down now."

If he puts out another dvd, cool, I\'ll buy it, but I would rather buy a new album.  8)

ilikeheadcheese

until we see the box go in the hole, he\'s gonna keep putting out wedges for us to binge on  ;)

as for the unmasked thing, there is no mask!!!!!!!!!!

and the DVD would be pretty cool i would absolutely buy it as i do with anything else that buckethead puts out for us
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

pinkin66

ilikeheadcheese

ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

Bucketfel

October 17, 2010, 09:59:31 pm #6 Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:00:12 pm by Bucketfel
a DVD is something a lot of bots are dreaming about including myself. Its something i would buy no questions asked specialy if hes masked not like revealing his face XD ;D ;D ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

ella_mental

I think something will be released somewhere between the next 5 months to about 13 years or so.  Somewhere in there.

Bucketfel

QuoteI think something will be released somewhere between the next 5 months to about 13 years or so.  Somewhere in there.
thats quite a long time frame, but i say u may be right.
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

Alex R

QuoteI think when he gets close to retiring he will sell a DVD of himself over the years unmasked for his final piece of work

I don\'t think this will happen.
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

Whale_On_This

October 18, 2010, 12:39:53 pm #10 Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:40:43 pm by Whale_On_This

I don\'t think this will happen.

Aside from echoing that there is no mask,
I would add, that I do not want to see Bucket without the mask.
Buckethead is Buckethead, just the way he is.
So while I would love a dvd, I don\'t want him to unmask himself on it, period.
If Bucket removes the mask on anything official, then it really was a gimmick, if he never does, then it wasn\'t...

Alex R

October 18, 2010, 04:23:24 pm #11 Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:24:40 pm by Vladimir_Pocket

Aside from echoing that there is no mask,
I would add, that I do not want to see Bucket without the mask.
Buckethead is Buckethead, just the way he is.
So while I would love a dvd, I don\'t want him to unmask himself on it, period.
If Bucket removes the mask on anything official, then it really was a gimmick, if he never does, then it wasn\'t...

I could not agree more.
I have tried my absolute hardest to avoid any images of unmasked Buckethead. Adblocking Google Image results (I have seen thumbnails of the newspaper clipping, not big enough to see detail), not watching the Basement Scene of SR, and keeping away from anything which could show his face.
I think I\'ve tried as hard to not see his face as Buckethead has at hiding it.
 ;)
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

Bucketdog

Good point guys. I like all the responses and view-points. I\'d rather davel in the mystery then unmask him, now that y\'all said it and put it into perspective. Another kick-ass DVD like secret  or the binge series would be awesome though. I\'ll leave it at that. Peace bots!
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

ilikeheadcheese

ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS