New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

I see rockets

Started by fdsman, September 15, 2010, 09:28:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fdsman

September 15, 2010, 09:28:26 pm Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:29:43 pm by fdsman
Is anyone else disappointed in the fact that I see rockets on living on another frequency contains a big chunk of lotus island from inbred mountain?

I mean Bucket is such a talented artist that has many musical ideas, what\'s the need for selling us the same music twice?
Where can I buy a luck bean?

NotAHickInIndy

Thats not a great album in my opinion anyway.
"You just have to take pleasure in killing" - Buckethead (final line when asked if he had any advice- Young Buckethead)

Boxenstien

COUGH PARK THEME COUGH WELCOME TO BUCKETHEADLAND COUUUGH

just kidding

Blueprints #220
Best Regards #64
BHL Art #6
Spinal Clock #3

Bucketfel

i was disapointed on that album in general, but in face i see rockets, and life is in deliver are for me the greatest tracks from that album.

also u havent heard Forensic Follies, and Needle in a Slunk Stack??. To me are great albums, and i hear them from time to time.
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

fdsman

Quotei was disapointed on that album in general, but in face i see rockets, and life is in deliver are for me the greatest tracks from that album.

also u havent heard Forensic Follies, and Needle in a Slunk Stack??. To me are great albums, and i hear them from time to time.

I\'ve heard them and I didn\'t much like them. I like the guitar work to be original and not just re-arranged
Where can I buy a luck bean?

In Search Of The

I like it. I like the riff anyway. In my opinion, the song changes as soon as any part is changed. Bootsy singing and Science Faxtion playing with it instantly transforms the song - in my opinion, it ceases to become Lotus Island and becomes I See Rockets. The tone changes.

I understand what you mean though, it\'s the same guitar parts, but for me it\'s entire meaning, tone and mood changes with Bootsy\'s distinct voice added to it.

Bucketdog

Another example:
Deli creeps - binge and grab

Giant robot - binge and grab (instrumental)

I think bucket liked the song\'s musical content so much he just wanted to do another instrumental version. I think it\'s kinda cool ;-)
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

nothinglost7

^^^ I agree. The more songs that he makes variations the better in my opinion. He\'s written so many songs at this point that we should cut him a little slack when he re-uses a riff or two.

The instrumental version of Binge & Grab is still at the top of my list of Bucket tunes.  :)

TheNose

He\'s done a couple "I love my Parents." "Hook and Pole Gang"/"Gory Head Stump 2006 Pageant of the Slunks" (though the latter is better IMO).  "Danyel" off the Pieces \'I need Five Minutes Alone\' is like Wishing Well from Colma. There are quite a few more in there, but I really don\'t mind--some are truly improvements and some are just different interpretations to be judged for their own merits.    

It\'s his music, his art/creation, he can do what he wants
with it.  

I think you\'re wrong in saying he \'needs\' to sell us the same music twice--I don\'t think he\'s worried so much about selling music or has any shortage of ideas.  Probably the \'commercial\' aspect of his music comes far second to artistic expression.  How he expresses himself is up to him and him alone.
"There are many ways to get from the bottom to the top... it's kind of like digging a hole."
-Herbie

beelzeBob

I\'ve heard them and I didn\'t much like them. I like the guitar work to be original and not just re-arranged

Dont listen to Zappa then.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

slunkatron

I stopped listening to music once I\'d heard all the notes.

beau810

Actually thats what I like about Buckethead because he is not afraid to use a riff again but in  a different way and most of the time its because hes working with different musicians.  

Some that I can remember without research are...
1.The Cuckoo Clocks of Hell - Flesh for the Beast sound track
2. song off Funnel Weaver - song with Freakbass
3. Song off bucketheadland - song off Crime Slunk Scene
4. song off Colma - song off 13th Scroll

there is plenty more but I dont have the CDs at work to do my research... can somebody help me out here?  I know thers more just cant think of them right off hand.
Support underground music!!!

Alex R

Pieces had General Butterfly which was basically Colma, and also Danyel which turned into Wishing Well.
Binge and Grab
2 versions of Welcome to Bucketheadland/Park Theme
Hook and Pole Gang turned into Gory Head Stump 2006
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

Missael

different man different thought !!!

i am exception for all !!!

for me its really a good album ,

liked it so much .......................... ;)

Whale_On_This

As far as I See Rockets and Lotus Island are concerned.
Buckethead wrote the song, he can do whatever he wants with it.
It doesn\'t bum me out as if I want to hear Lotus Island, I just pop in Inbred Mountain.
Problem solved.