New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead In A Band Scenario?

Started by eggman90, October 20, 2009, 08:43:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman90

I\'ve enjoyed most his journey this past year, the zen/minimalist ipod backup band, the cut and paste mashups, and the ambient DCK material. I\'ll admit, I\'m hoping that B get\'s away from the drum tracks and computer and moves into a more organic musical environment. I\'m talking band, yes I am. Not complaining, but I think I would love to see him play off other people, either in the studio or live. The sonic intensity of all the amps and the drum skins moving, tubes warming up-that\'s what I\'m saying.

eggman90

28 views and nary a peep????? Cheese and crackers! :o

Diatonic_mealworm

October 21, 2009, 04:00:42 am #2 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:04:11 am by Diatonic_mealworm
100% agree I really want a new Deli creeps cd, but I will settle for anything with real drums and some vocals :)

I\'ve been watching the young Buckethead dvds lately and even watching Buckethead warm up before playing a Deli show is awesome...I\'m burnt out of instrumental stuff atm.
Doesn\'t help im working on my own cd...and yes it\'s a all instrumental project  >:(
Fron son of lon.

eggman90

I\'m not asking for vocals, just a band. :)

BucketBrother

Agree with wanting a new Deli Creeps album and i\'m sure it\'d be cool to see Buckethead play with some other musicians again in his live shows but i have to say that he can carry on releasing albums with the programmed drums i think they are awesome.

Word!

Slaw_Slinger

QuoteAgree with wanting a new Deli Creeps album and i\'m sure it\'d be cool to see Buckethead play with some other musicians again in his live shows but i have to say that he can carry on releasing albums with the programmed drums i think they are awesome.

Word!
I agree!  I\'ll take Buckethead any way I can get him...ipod/band...whatever!!!

eggman90

I agree!  I\'ll take Buckethead any way I can get him...ipod/band...whatever!!!

Yes I know that, that\'s the stock answer everywhere. We are all appreciative of his hard work and touring, and will go to see him with the ipod if that\'s what he chooses to do, as he has been doing for the last 2 years. As someone who has seen him in both scenarios, I would like to see and hear him with all the sonic velocity that goes along with other musicians and the possibility of a song taking off and going in a non-programmed direction. This would include the studio as well. I\'m not talking about jamming with That 1 Guy or the dude with the tuba either. I\'m not complaining, just wishing out loud-I realize B is in charge of his own destiny.

Slaw_Slinger

October 21, 2009, 11:48:01 pm #7 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:48:51 pm by Slaw_Slinger
That\'s my stock answer...and I\'m sticking to it. :P

I\'ve only seen Buckethead with the ipod ( BB King\'s and Governors Isl. this year) so yes, I would want to experience him in any way.

If I could go into my time machine (which is not working right now) I\'d go back to \'90/\'91 for that I-Beam show.  Let\'s see, I\'d be.......(I\'m calculating my age)......heck, I\'d be the oldest person there, I think!

As someone who only turned on and tuned in to Buckethead this Spring I am always learning something new about him and his music.

Bucket and Travis!!!! yeah!!!

Bucket and Bootsy and Les and, and.....

Actually, I am waiting for the Buckethead/Gene Wilder version of Pure Imagination

You mention "cheese and crackers"; now I must have some wine.

eggman90

I would think the ipod shows would bring out the more difficult material a band might not be able to play. I remember even with the live band he would bring it out for Nottingham Lace, for example (although he performed that with Giant Robot). That was a cool way to switch it up a bit. B is a lucky man I\'ll say, he can get up in the morning and do whatever he wants-not many people can do that, especially in today\'s economy. No rat race to deal with, play whatever and whenever he wants. He sure has earned it.

Trev_dog

I think that if he did something with a drummer it would be what I am looking for especially Ramy Atoun or Brain, then throw in a someone to tickle the ivories. Just like that clip of Praxis playing Interworld and the New Innocence where Buckethead is pulling out an lead/solo with Brain going nuts on the drums, or my other favorite performance when buckethead is playing Whitewash live and pulls out that Whammy Pedal solo.

Want I dont want is a Deli Creeps get together, one reason is that Buckethead does not need a singer with him and I enjoy listening to guitar rather than hear maximum bob talk about killing and stuff, sorry to be the party pooper but I dont like Deli Creeps, except for Buried Deep Stays Buried Still.

bburnett

Want I dont want is a Deli Creeps get together, one reason is that Buckethead does not need a singer with him and I enjoy listening to guitar rather than hear maximum bob talk about killing and stuff, sorry to be the party pooper but I dont like Deli Creeps, except for Buried Deep Stays Buried Still.

That\'s blasphemy!  >:(

WHO SAYS YOU NEED AIR?
I am not even squeezing my hardest

DAM THE TEARFUL EYE YOU FU CK
Oh you look good that color
YOU THINK I\'LL REMEMBER THIS?
Just a day at the races for me
Your kicking a little longer than most do

I\'M HERE TO SET YOU FREE
RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT IT BURNS
I CRUSH YOUR THROAT IT\'S TIME TO DIE
I WISH YOU TO HEAR YOU HAVE NO VOICE
WHAT LIFE LOOK LIKE WHEN IT PASSES BY

This is a beautiful home
SOAK UP YOUR LAST SWEET VIEW
Who did you step on to get here
AND WHY HAVE I COME FOR YOU

Cause you were probably a spoiled little SHIT
PAMPERED, FED AND GROOOOOMED
Despise you do goods
Hmmmmmmwahaha

NOW YOU\'LL MEET YOUR DOOM
BITTERSWEET THIS MOMENT IT BURNS
OF COURSE YOU THOUGHT IT\'S TIME TO DIE
I WISH YOU TO HEAR YOU HAVE NO VOICE
WHAT LIFE LOOK LIKE WHEN IT PASSES BY

KILLING TIME
USE YOUR LAST BREAAAATH
I HOPE IT CAN LAST FOREVER FU CK
IT\'S CURTAINS MAAAAAN
YOU\'RE ON THE VERGE TO NEVER
OH MY GOD GONNA DIE GONNA DIE
GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEE
eRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
HA HAH HHAHHHAHHHAAAHAA

DIE DIE DIE DIE
DIE
Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

fdsman

I\'m 50/50 on the situation. Buckethead is a mastermind musician and has indeed realized that only he can make his music sound just the way he likes it. I\'m guessing he got tired of Brain and Pinchface "doing their own thing" style drumming instead of the way Bucket wants it to sound.

I do agree though, it would be nice to see him play with other members but hey, maybe he\'ll employ some animatronic members and a few bucketbots. :)
Where can I buy a luck bean?

zappahead

i\'ve already contacted p-nut, bass player from 311. and sammy j. watson, drummer from the apex theory/mt. helium. wanting them to try and hook up with bucket, and they are both willing and ready to do it, it would be madness. i also messaged bootsy on twitter, and he said it seemed like a great idea. travis can u help?? maybe pass on the word.
insearchofthe - #289
DCK - #120
Blueprints - #77
Cyborg Slunks - #50
Buckethead Print #5 - 80/100
Best Regards - #371
Spinal Clock - #274
Happy Holidays Limited

eggman90

Quotei\'ve already contacted p-nut, bass player from 311. and sammy j. watson, drummer from the apex theory/mt. helium. wanting them to try and hook up with bucket, and they are both willing and ready to do it, it would be madness. i also messaged bootsy on twitter, and he said it seemed like a great idea. travis can u help?? maybe pass on the word.

Way to go! Although I like Bootsy, would rather see something along the lines of your other suggestions for the newness factor.

BelieveIntheBucket

buckethead is great without a band... hes just a billion times better with a band