New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Did Vince write any music for Rocky Balboa?

Started by smk7579, November 30, 2008, 08:56:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smk7579

November 30, 2008, 08:56:29 pm Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:56:50 pm by smk7579
I recall reading awhile back that Vince wrote music for Rocky Balboa and submitted it to the producers to review.  Is this true?  If so, is there any chance that Vince will make these tracks available to the public?  I would definitely be willing to pay for these tracks if they are ever released.  

Mixmaster

From what I know is that Vince wrote a song or two... I could be wrong about the ammount of song\'s though, for Rocky 4... I think.... or was it Rocky 3??? ::)

Anyway I do know he did wrote some songs for a Rocky Movie, though I\'m not sure if he wrote new ones for the Rocky Balboa Film. I thought that they used one of the song\'s of the previous Rocky movies.

The two songs I know about ar "War" and "Training Montage". Both pieces of art in Music. :D
Do it with style, or Don't bother doing it.

Vince DiCola

Hello,

I did submit some music for the movie ROCKY BALBOA and hope to make that material - as well as some of the music I submitted for the live action 2007 Transformers movie - available for purchase at some point.  Thanks to all for the continued support and interest.

Vince

PS: It was ROCKY IV that I scored and co-wrote one song for.

Mixmaster

That would be like "The Vault of Vince." ... or even better named "The DiCola Vault", where all the music is stored that has never seen the daylight.... untill now.  :)

I would love that... it would then be like the "The protoform Sessions" where you did explain the work behind the Transformers 1986 Movie was done.

Well... I hope that it will become Material. Wishing you good luck with it and all your other projects.

butlerd

February 13, 2009, 05:24:01 am #4 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 05:27:05 am by butlerd
QuoteFrom what I know is that Vince wrote a song or two... I could be wrong about the ammount of song\'s though, for Rocky 4... I think.... or was it Rocky 3??? ::)

Anyway I do know he did wrote some songs for a Rocky Movie, though I\'m not sure if he wrote new ones for the Rocky Balboa Film. I thought that they used one of the song\'s of the previous Rocky movies.

The two songs I know about ar "War" and "Training Montage". Both pieces of art in Music. :D

Vince actually has a track that he composed for either Rocky Balboa or Rocky V (Vince can  clarify which one) available for purchase/download at Mindawn (https://www.mindawn.com/index.php) entitled "Rise of the Champion".  I downloaded it out of curiosity and thought it was a great track.  For those familiar with his score for Rocky IV, it sounds kind of like a blend of "Training Montage" and "War" with a variation of the "Rocky Theme" thrown in there.  The music on Mindawn is available in DRM-free .Flac or .Ogg formats.  
There is also a bunch of his other music from his other work (i.e. Thread, Storming Heaven) available there to download as individual tracks.  Check it out.  His work with Thread is particularly good.

I\'m excited to hear that Vince may eventually release some of the music he composed for the live-action Transformers (2007).  Hopefully, we will get a complete soundtrack recording of the original animated Transformers (1986) eventually as well. ;-)

"Do or do not.  There is no try."

Mixmaster

February 13, 2009, 12:48:27 pm #5 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 12:50:26 pm by Mixmaster

I\'m excited to hear that Vince may eventually release some of the music he composed for the live-action Transformers (2007).  Hopefully, we will get a complete soundtrack recording of the original animated Transformers (1986) eventually as well. ;-)

Likewise Butlerd. Vince Told me before about a possible  recording with his work for the 2007 Transformers Movie. Allthough I\'ve already heard the score he and Kenny Merideth made for that movie. Sadly I can\'t find that link anymore, cause that was a very good song. On the other hand Vince has made a special Double Disc feature from the 1986 Movie and that was exclusively for sale only at the BOTCON. So it\'s extremly rare and I wish I had that Double Disc too. Sadly I wasn\'t able to fly to the States at that time.

smk7579

QuoteHello,

I did submit some music for the movie ROCKY BALBOA and hope to make that material - as well as some of the music I submitted for the live action 2007 Transformers movie - available for purchase at some point.  Thanks to all for the continued support and interest.

Vince

PS: It was ROCKY IV that I scored and co-wrote one song for.

Hi Vince,

Thanks for the reply!  Sorry for taking so long to respond.  I am looking for some new gym music and would definitely love to hear the new stuff someday.  Please keep us posted!

smk7579

Vince actually has a track that he composed for either Rocky Balboa or Rocky V (Vince can  clarify which one) available for purchase/download at Mindawn (https://www.mindawn.com/index.php) entitled "Rise of the Champion".  I downloaded it out of curiosity and thought it was a great track.  For those familiar with his score for Rocky IV, it sounds kind of like a blend of "Training Montage" and "War" with a variation of the "Rocky Theme" thrown in there.  The music on Mindawn is available in DRM-free .Flac or .Ogg formats.  
There is also a bunch of his other music from his other work (i.e. Thread, Storming Heaven) available there to download as individual tracks.  Check it out.  His work with Thread is particularly good.

I\'m guessing this would have been for Rocky V since the album was released in 2002 and Rocky Balboa was not out until 2006.  I believe RB was in the planning stages for years though so I could be wrong.

I went to the link but they must have pulled it since you\'ve posted this.  Does anyone know where I can find this track?

Mantisaur

from the site (great track btw):

Rise of the Champion

Vince DiCola - Keyboards
Charles Calello - Orchestration and arrangement
Casey Young - Sound design

I had an opportunity to submit some material to Sylvester Stallone for consideration for the movie ROCKY V and I contacted my good friend (producer, arranger) Charles Calello to collaborate with me. We wrote and recorded this piece as a demonstration of the musical direction we envisioned for the film. Unfortunately we couldn\'t come to business terms with Stallone, but at least Charlie and I ended up with a good piece of music!
none of them knew they were robots