New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

NOLA, and other disasters

Started by oldfolkie, September 02, 2005, 05:11:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phartacus

I am guessing this is just one more reason for you NOT to vote for something like our current administration. It is puzzling how people buy into the double speak; tax cuts for some and increased government spending somehow equal a reduction in government.  Even a blind person likely \'sees\' where this road leads and anyone over 35 should be able to remember where it landed us 20 something years ago. The only difference this time around is the industry that power is build on had already been gutted 20 something years ago.

Remember gkg, the creation of Homeland Security was a reduction in government accomplished by spending more money and adding more layers.

you think i like all the big government crap congress is passing and the prez is signing into law? man gimme a break you people act as though im some shill for bush just cause i said that pointing fingers at the president is a bunch of BS.  

phartacus

QuotePhartacus wrote:

"idiots like viggo just need to shit the f**k up"

OK, the gloves are off.  

Do not disrespect Viggo Mortensen ever.  He is one of my greatest artistic inspirations, and he is a good man.  Something, I highly doubt a guy with the screen name "Phartacus" can claim.

Listen, Phartacus, you are clearly an angry little man who takes perverse pleasure in spewing your sad, small-minded venom wherever you can.  Your lack of compassion is beyond my ability to fathom.  

Gratefully, you are not the majority.  Gratefully, the majority of Americans (and humanity, for that matter) are committed to helping one another with hearts full of love and service.  Case in point, we didn\'t elect Bush the first time and we didn\'t elect him the second time.  Check the facts on voting fraud in Ohio and elsewhere and you\'ll see that Bush stole the election twice.

The fact that our current \'president\' is a completely inept moron will not stop us.  Love will prevail.  It always does.  No amount of hateful words on your part can stop that...

Don\'t bother responding with ugly banter...unless you enjoy amassing bad karma.

PEACE

the only thing i can get from this post is that you pretty much say

free speech for me
but not for thee

i really am sorry i have disrupted the hive mentality of your little liberal oasis here, i mean after all what was i thinking when i came into a an internet forum that clearly states its a political DISCUSSION board? as far as me "disrespecting" viggo i will go on record saying i think he is a fine actor, a marginally talented musician, and a very handsome man but as far as his ideological views are concerned he is as kooky and wacked out as they come.    

dirtface

September 10, 2005, 12:20:28 am #32 Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:31:35 am by dirtface

you think i like all the big government crap congress is passing and the prez is signing into law? man gimme a break you people act as though im some shill for bush just cause i said that pointing fingers at the president is a bunch of BS.  

WOW! Now that phrase is an oxymoron if I ever saw one!

Seeing as you insist on having the last word I will invite it. Tell me, did you take your uhhh, tax rebate check and rush out and buy a DVD player to bolster our economy as Mr. Bush suggested we all do in one of his more memorably idiotic speeches? Now again, before you spout out some more silly bunk just stop and ask yourself, "where are DVD players made?". Yes, that is right. These were the instructions given to the voting public by the man who claims to have the answers to the ailments that beset us. Fiscal responsibility is what we saw in the mid-late 1990\'s. What do you propose as a reasonable tag line for the current monetary policies? You know, the ones that piss away levee money to bolster a war complex (read this one as you will) and leaves us in a position where a virtual levy on fuel provides record profits to oil companies. I have a name for it but I would like to hear yours.

dirtface

idiots like viggo just need to shit the fuck up,
the only thing i can get from this post is that you pretty much say

free speech for me
but not for thee

Yep, your right. That is exactly what you are saying.

dirtface

dirtface

September 30, 2005, 03:55:03 am #35 Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 04:18:54 am by dirtface
What did I say earlier about where the groundwork for blame was being set? I find it simply despicable the way this whole situation is playing out. As you can clearly see here FEMA aid was requested accordingly yet our impartial inquiry into the occurrences belches out this noise. If you have the time and patience to read through it all make sure you pay special attention to the conversations between Shays, Buyer and Brown. Though these seem to be very biting it is also some very twisted stuff with huge ramifications. Most worriesome is the fact the Whitehouse simply left New Orleans out of the declared plan!? This is incomprehensible. Any; any explaination for this please.

gkg

it\'s amazing how far they will go to go nowhere
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

Are you sure this is inteded to be a dead end?

gkg

oh goodness no - but they act like if they keep their feet moving we won\'t notice that they\'ve gotten no where.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

oldfolkie

Very interesting to see what comes out of the mouths of jetisonned cronies when they no longer have access to their speech-writers, isn\'t it? *whistles*
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

dirtface

Quoteoh goodness no - but they act like if they keep their feet moving we won\'t notice that they\'ve gotten no where.

Don\'t forget the stated remedy put forward by the administration is to have the Active Federal Military take charge of the situation (as opposed to having the Reserve available). I don\'t know about you but when I hear something like this coming from someone like them I start to feel more than a bit nervous. Maybe my math is terrible but when I start adding all this stuff up it really makes me start to figure. See here; we have PAM in which the people who are suppose to respond to a serious hurricane play out pretty much the exact situation that unfolds a few months later (ever read Tom Clancy?). We have a President who is oddly enough vacant from office when the real problem crops up and basically unavailable as the situation unfolds (seem vaguely similar to a different situation that occurred about 4 years and 19 days ago?). We have an easy to drop crony who opens up the doors to a whole new game for the administration (think back to who took the blame before and what the outcomes were because of it; does the hint unfettered surveillance ring any bells?). What I see is maybe not a very original group of people but some of the most damn opportunistic mongers ever to hit Capitol Hill. Personally I find this very disturbing. I don't think it is wise to sit one minute under the guise they are spinning their wheels. It looks to me more like a web. Reserve the Reserve for what it was meant for. Leave the Active MIlitary in the role it was designed to fil. Be damned if you think I want them patrolling my streets under Bushes command.

dirtface

QuoteVery interesting to see what comes out of the mouths of jetisonned cronies when they no longer have access to their speech-writers, isn\'t it? *whistles*

But some of it seems to be so clear and honest
QuoteFrom NY Times

BROWN: Congressman, to me this has been one of my frustrations over the past three years, has been the emaciation of FEMA.

And I don\'t want to debate the issue of whether FEMA should be in or outside the Department of Homeland Security. To me, that\'s missing the point.

The point is that FEMA\'s resources have dwindled. FEMA\'s financial resources have dwindled. FEMA\'s personnel resources have dwindled.

A combination of two things there. One is a brain drain, as senior-level people find it more attractive to go to the private sector as they get closer to retirement age; that\'s a natural progression. But the inability of us to develop any sort of career path within FEMA that encourages people to join it.

And then that\'s exacerbated by the fact that we have stretched the men and women of FEMA so thin, many of them, particularly in the regions, doing two or three jobs, filling two it or three different roles, that I have predicted privately for several years that we were going to reach this point, because of the lack of resources and the lack of attention being paid to what was, certainly when Director Allbaugh and I showed up here, a very robust organization.

And that\'s not been, not because the president doesn\'t support FEMA. The president supports FEMA totally. I think the president\'s behind the organization 100 percent.

But as we\'ve gone through these changes with the focus on terrorism, as we\'ve gone through the merger and then the 2SR process through DHS, resources have just been moved, used to other things, different priorities have come in place.

gkg

who wants to lay odd on whether they will find some way NOT to hold elections come the "end" of Bush\'s second term?  i mean, if we\'re in a military state for some "unforeseen" reason, who would hold elections?

that\'s worse case scenario, naturally, but these are scary times, very scary times.
Peace.

dirtface

Why would a marionette warrant such drastic measures? surely there is another one available for purchase.

gkg

;D  the king of marionette\'s likes wearing the crown...

Peace.