New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead KCMO Beaumont Club 5/31/11

Started by stumpdangler, June 01, 2011, 01:45:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

Well, there\'s no lack of variety of opinions, is there?

I still wonder, if you have some sort of idea that the setlist is lacking, what would you add and what would you take away?

Here, I\'ll make it easy for anyone that wants to give it a shot.
Here is the content of the setlist that was pictured earlier:

Beaumont Club May 31, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri

Slunk
F# (Revenge of the Doubleman)
Slaw
Whitewash
Toystore
Siege Engine
Metamatic
Final Wars
Crash Test
Fountains of the Forgotten
Foxy Lady
Pinch Rap
BH Solo
Headstump
Turbine
Soothsayer
Toys
Woo
Welcome to BHLand

Remember this is a trio and there is no ipod or backing tracks. Thx.

In Search Of The

Honestly, those that think he\'s out of touch, he seems back on form with this. It\'s blistering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQ5RRJ1N2M

In Search Of The

Sorry for the double post, but here\'s a setlist I\'d be happy with. I don\'t want to seem too demanding, and I\'m keeping the band in mind when I make these suggestions.

King James
Lebrontron
Slaw
Crack The Sky
Siege Engine
Tonka
Final Wars
Rammellzee
Red Hot Mama
BH Solo
? (unsure of this one)
Welcome To Bucketheadland

I\'ve never seen Buckethead live unfortunately, as I\'ve mentioned he doesn\'t tend to come to the UK. I\'ve tried to think of what\'s worked in the past, and what I\'ve enjoying seeing on YouTube. I understand many of these used an iPod as backing tracks, but I\'m trying to pick those that I believe would work in a band situation.

bigstu238

The dream setlist for me would be:
Pepper\'s Ghost
Lebrontron
Crack the Sky
hh track 1
shadows between the sky
sled ride
giant robot
nun chucka kata
gory head stump
nottingham lace
frozen brains tell no tales
scraps
interworld and the new innocence

If he did this set with an awesome full band, that would be the best show ever

eggman90

Some good setlist suggestions. I too would like a mix of old and new, maybe that will happen by the time I see him in NY in August. I\'m also hoping he\'ll have a band, but so far it doesn\'t seem so according to the available data. I\'ll admit I\'m not excited about Wolff opening. Only gives me more time to get to the show I guess.

tenaciousdls

QuoteI am with stumpdangler on this one.  It would be great to see more variety in Bucket\'s live sets.  

I enjoyed the show too, I guess, but it was definitely the worst of the five Bucket shows that I have seen so far.  

-After the first band ended, it was an hour and ten minutes before Bucket & Co. took the stage.  Considering that there was virtually nothing for the techs/crew to set up, that was way too long.  I don\'t think I\'ve ever experienced a longer gap between sets at any show I\'ve attended (which is a lot).  

-Practically no merch, only It\'s Alive, for $13.  Typically there are multiple shirts and a huge catalog of CDs -- talking like 10-12 minimum.    

-Bucket played a TON of licks in the wrong key.  Highly distracting, and just plain didn\'t sound good.  Overall, he didn\'t seem nearly as into it as any of the other times I\'ve seen him, kinda like he was a little burned out almost, which is not good considering the tour is just getting underway.      

-No encore.  This was the first Bucket show I\'d ever seen where he was the headliner, and there was no encore.    

I\'m not even going to bother looking for a recording.  

I am disappointed, all told.  During, and for a good 1-2 weeks after seeing the other shows in years gone by, I have been left in complete ecstasy and awe.  Not this time.    

Sorry, bots.  I didn\'t feel it, and I don\'t think Big B did either.

But before I forget, nice to meet you at last, Phydeaux!  I\'m glad you and everyone else had a great time.  

Hey guys, Beaumont was my first time seeing BH.  I loved the show, it was incredible to be in the same room with such an amazing talent.  I was curious about the lack of an encore as well.  Based on the crowd response, I fully expected him to come back out.  I mean, the crowd chanted his name for probably 15 minutes after he left the stage.  At the time I assumed that he just didn\'t do encores in general but I see now that he normally does.  Believe me, I\'m not complaining at all, the guy could have played for 10 minutes up there and I would\'ve been happy.  I guess I\'m just a little nervous that he didn\'t enjoy the KC bots and may not come back to town.

wicked redhead

I\'ve seen other shows with no encore.  This was my first time seeing Buckethead with a band and I loved it.  It just seemed more groovy and playful, though I love him alone up there with his Ipod as well.  Sadly, I don\'t think he\'s making it to Omaha NE this year so this might be the only show I make it to on this tour :(  But I\'m going to try for one of the CO shows if possible!

beau810

After reading all this I wonder if Big B was feeling alright.  
Tried and True set list... no ancore... flubs here and there... bots thinking he wasnt into it... recent history of problems...

Yep it makes me wonder.
Support underground music!!!

nothinglost7

^^^^ Sometimes bands just have off nights.

chaotiktak

here goes my fav setlist : (whatever the order)

notthingham lace
big sur moon
the redeem team
tonka
lebrontron
siege engine
i can only carry 50 chickens at a time
sail on soothsayer
frozen brains tell no tales
in search of inbred mountain
post office buddy
inward journey
final wars
aunt suzie
brewer in the air
separate sky
hero of the abyss

encore :
the embalmer
the interworld & the new innocence
killing cone
the rising sun
nun chuka kata

one can always dream ;D

Indra

I know that no one has called me out (which I am kinda surprised about, honestly) but I have finally decided what happened with me here, and it\'s really pretty simple.  

All the other times I have seen Bucket were so amazingly fucking awesome that the one time it wasn\'t, I was a bit more let down than I should have been.  If it had been my first show or if I\'d traveled hundreds of miles to see it, I probably would have been pretty damn happy.  And it\'s not going to stop me from going to see him every time he comes to town.  

So, bottom line, I\'m still a bot, and have been listening to Bucket albums nonstop since the show (yesterday, Kaleidoscalp, today, Inbred Mountain!), and Big B is still my favorite guitar player of all time.   8)  

slunkatron

stumpdangler

QuoteWell, there\'s no lack of variety of opinions, is there?

I still wonder, if you have some sort of idea that the setlist is lacking, what would you add and what would you take away?

Here, I\'ll make it easy for anyone that wants to give it a shot.
Here is the content of the setlist that was pictured earlier:

Beaumont Club May 31, 2011
Kansas City, Missouri

Slunk
Slaw
Whitewash
Toystore
Siege Engine
Metamatic
Final Wars
Crash Test
Fountains of the Forgotten
Foxy Lady
Pinch Rap
BH Solo
Headstump
Turbine
Soothsayer
Toys
Woo
Welcome to BHLand

Remember this is a trio and there is no ipod or backing tracks. Thx.

In an effort to keep this thread on track, I am quoting my post from the top of this page.

And perhaps I should restate from an earlier post: What songs are played out, old, or tired? What songs would you take out of the above  setlist and what would you replace them with? Be specific!

While fantasy setlists are fun to compile, this is more specific to what you would do to improve the setlist above.

The most surprising part of of this is that I don\'t think that anyone has included the toy giveaway or "Toys" on their setlist. It\'s hard to believe that anyone is looking for that to disappear!

If you were at the show and have complaints, fine. If you were thousands of miles away and are just looking for another opportunity to "opine", fine. I don\'t care how many times you\'ve seen Buckethead live  and I don\'t think anyone on this board is going to question your fan status or whether you are a bot or not.

Thanks to everyone that has answered thoughtfully so far :).

Viking...

June 16, 2011, 03:43:03 pm #58 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:45:01 pm by Viking
I would like to see Buckethead doing this setlist:

Night of the Slunk
For Mom
Bird with a Hole in the Stomach
Botnus
Star Chasing
Crack the Sky
Lobotomizer
Too many Humans
Banjo Jam
Binge and Grab
Disceto
Dance/Toys
Solo/...
Mad monster party
Siege engine
Track 7 of HHFB
Jowls
Pinch rap
Giant Robot theme
Waiting hare
The return of captain EO
Rim of the world
Flock of Slunks

Jowaxe

I\'m making playlists for all the suggested Setlists in this thread. Should be cool to listen through them!  :P