Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New upgraded download service

Started by Travis, February 22, 2005, 12:50:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

August 24, 2006, 01:24:03 pm #30 Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 01:25:05 pm by 1915118
I just purchased Cobra Strike II from the Download store. I can\'t afford eBay prices just now and I couldn\'t hold out much longer lol.

Really impressed with the service. The covers are not the right size though, is there a way to fix this, or are they not meant to be the right size? just curious?

Thanks Travis!
~~~\\''/    <--- Albino Slug

Travis

Well, it\'s not meant to be a high resolution image, it would be too large a file if it was, but it should print out at the right size. You sure your PDF reader is set up correctly. I\'ll look into it.

Yeah I think it\'s all set up right... Not a problem though... It\'s the music I wanted not the cover.

However... Do you think you can get the real CD in as I love this album and would love to have the real thing.

August 25, 2006, 02:10:54 pm #33 Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:40:29 pm by 1915118
I ordered another 2 today and I haven\'t got the links for the first one I ordered. The one I ordered after came instantly. I got the links to CSII instantly yesterday also:-/

I sent you 2 emails about it, I am also missing the first 2 Cornbugs songs, Hopefully I can get them soon  :)

Travis

Those problems are related to your hotmail account. Did you see the warning at the top of the music store about hotmail accounts? Hotmail seems to filter not just mail into your junk filter ( always check there first) but any mail generated by a PHP script like the download store is filtered out at the server, no trace is ever seen. I resent your links, so let me know if you still have problems, and if you have a different account for email.

I\'m writing this here because this is happening a lot because of hotmail and AOL sometimes, just to get the word out. I\'m working with the scripts author for a solution but in the meantime if your using the download service and you have a choice between email accounts, don\'t use hotmail. If you have nothing else, gmail is free, or give it a try and let me know if you have a problem.

Thanks a lot for sorting that out for me. I do have a yahoo account and a work one... But I don\'t think work would be too happy if I d/l Buckethead albums from it lol. ;D

mmdrumhead

:) This is the future of buying music and I think it is wonderful! I DO NOT like paying a middleman for the music I love to hear, and I know that the ARTISTS will receive the compensation for their beautiful art.

I just bought Chicken Noodles as a download last night and have listened to the CD I made of it and its great!

I hope you will always have the download store--

I first saw Buckethead a couple of years ago at this small place in SF called The Independent. Later that summer I found a website through his called livewedges and found that very show for sale. I immediately bought it it is a great way to relive what I was seeing and hearing that night. So I am hoping you guys will add some more live stuff (hopefully recorded even better) in the future.

Anyways thanks for the great music and have a great weekend!!!!

androidsterling

I am a new member and a new bucket fan, and I have a question about the download service.  If you buy the CD itself, does it come with a booklet, and if so, does that booklet come with the download in PDF, or does it just come with cover art? Do all of the albums to download include the cover art? I like to have an actual CD for my collection (but I end up ripping them to my mp3 player anyway), but  it would satisfy me if I could print out the cover art and burn a CD that I could put in my collection, and I can get a lot more music for my money if I use the download service.  

Travis

The download includes a PDF with all the art work except the CD label.

androidsterling

Thanks a lot, I should be downloading Pepper\'s Ghost sometime soon!

androidsterling

May 26, 2007, 03:48:03 am #40 Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 03:58:32 pm by androidsterling
Yes, mine also printed way too big, and I printed it actual size using Adobe PDF reader.  

EDIT: nevermind, I copied the images into Word and resized them to the exact size of the CD covers and it worked out.  Yes, I AM fanatical about my CD covers.

Travis

The covers are PDF at 150 dpi, not the normal 72 dpi that you have on the web. I did this so you could print a decent looking cover. So for those that are having trouble with the size of the printing, check the program your printing from and make sure it\'s set to 150 dpi.

Wires and Clips

this service works great for buying out of print stuff, and it also helps if you dont have alot of money to spend! ive purchased inbred, EMAC and SOTS and i plan to get the cobra strikes in the near future. awesome!!