Live in studio performances

Post your music

Started by Travis, June 07, 2005, 06:05:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

June 07, 2005, 06:05:14 pm Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:54:02 pm by admin
Update:

(thank you Soebe)

The uploader below no longer works. I had to many problems with people playing with it. Now there are so many other places to upload and share file with I don\'t think it\'s necessary. If you don\'t have a host, I recommend Bandcamp. It\'s free and you can embed or share your song here with their pasted code.  Also you can hide the bandcamp page so it\'s not public but still share it here or there at your choice.

I\'m reposting this reply and I\'ll sticky it, I should have done this a while ago, I get asked this by email a lot. Here it is again:

I\'ve set up a folder on my server for the server-less who would like to share mp3s of your music with us. I\'m working on a more elaborate page with a FAQ but for now I\'ll let you beta test it this way.  First I ask that if you have a server I prefer you use it instead of mine to preserve the little bandwidth I have for those that have no place else.  Second and this is already happening for some, use this category to post a description of your music and your self and post a link to your Mp3. I prefer a direct link right to your music, you may of coarse link you web page as well, but separately so we can get directly to your music. The thread you start with your link is where comments about it can be posted. If you don\'t want to share your music publicly but want me to hear it send an email link to your file. For now to use my server I would like you to limit your upload to mp3s only and one at a time just to see how it goes.

To up load go here:http://travisdickerson.com/cgi-bin/upload.pl
the account is: tdrsmusic
the password is: music

When you post the link to your mp3 use this:
http://www.travisdickerson.com/music/yoursong.mp3

As I said before I\'m putting together a more comprehensive section on Artist support and I\'ll include that info, links to utilities and some new features for this web site there.

Chris DiCicco

I\'ll try it this weekend Travis.

I might try Itunes as well

How to Make Soup has 18 songs on it

The Cosmic We has 11 songs on it

it\'s to early to do a best of I think I do it after my 5th when the label thing expires...maybe

Thanks I know this was largely aimed at me....Sorry for being sutch a crazy cwacker nuttjob artist.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Travis

Chris, this was absolutely not aimed at you. I get tons of requests for this info and I realized the info was sinking down the thread. I saw that you said you were going to send me something and as you know I have literally hundreds of CD\'s on my pile of "to listen to" so I hope you do post something here. I do eventually get to most of what\'s posted here.

Chris DiCicco

June 09, 2005, 06:41:48 am #3 Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 06:43:10 am by Chris
yes and you should have one more, so make it Hundreds and one, You are doing a great job at juggling being the moderator of us Artists and Fans and doing the whole Keyboardist thing too, it\'s very hard for me to comprahind all the things that go into Downloading an burning onto CDR from the computer , I can do so Much in the real world I guess I have to fall flat somewheres.

I am looking into Itunes and I did send You an Buckethead one of these CD\'s I made with Chic Disc Rico it\'ll be their soon me thinks?

Yikiteeyak Out

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Strawberry Vale

What kind of music - anything?   8)

Chris DiCicco

Travis, the links for Windows still do not work, I can get into the Mac OS links, that would be funny running everything on an XP that thinks its a Mac OS ha ha, I guess you and or Buckethead got the Mailer Disc boxes I have sent, I know Chris Moss got his, the reason I sent them to You and Buckethead and Chris Moss was a way to give back er to let the pro\'s hear that they inspired a few, lastly I DO NOT want to record in your studio I wouldn\'t know the first thing to do in one , the only thing I desire is for You to make more music and release it on this here website.

true colors shown, I feel better.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

CMA

and i might add to anyone else who wants to hear the cosmic we it\'s available for you to hear

if you like it why not Support the entertainment you love by purchasing a new, original edition, from Chris.

http://huzzi-tac-records.tripod.com

Chris DiCicco

hey wow, I do have two CD\'s of \' The Cosmic We\' and \' How to Make Soup \' so opps thats four CD\'s #\'s 9 and 10 of  \' The Cosmic We\' and #\'s 8 and 9 of \' How to make Soup\', Covers, Liner notes, track listings and Pix of me, Chic Disc Rico and Space(al) quazars.

heres a bonus I send them to you, FREE

would ya want one of my babies \'Soup\' has 18 tracks of weirdness mushed together and \'We\' has 11, these are highly Under Under Underground recordings.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Travis

I\'ve changed the method  for posting your mp3 to my server, check the first post in this tread, its been changed.

I\'ve added a browser based uploader. To use it go here:
http://travisdickerson.com/cgi-bin/upload.pl
Put in the user ID it\'s: tdrsmusic
Put in the password it\'s: music
use the choose button to attach your mp3 and hit the upload button.

Please only use my server if you don\'t have another place you can use and only one song at a time. If you want to change songs, let me know and I\'ll delete your first one and make room for your new one.

Most importantly,  link your mp3 back here in this part of the forum with a decription of what you posted.

To link the file use this URL:
http://www.travisdickerson.com/music/yoursong.mp3  

Chris DiCicco

Thanks Travis this\'ll take me awhile my computers being a smarta$$... hek maybe I\'ll uploade something new?...er maybe something old.

Thanks

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Peter

Hi Travis,

As promised I uploaded my version of "Training Montage". It\'s not the smallest file, but I didn\'t want to make it too small, as I still wanted it to sound okay: www.travisdickerson.com/music/TrainingMontage15052005192.mp3. Any feedback is more than welcome!

This arrangement should be in print and published just after the summer holiday (at Dutch Music Partners), so within the next couple of weeks, I should start engrave this arrangement. Mind you: it definitely will sound differently from the original (because of the instrumentation), but if I made any mistakes or something, I\'m open to any suggestions to make the arrangement better. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Peter

svale

I just uploaded a tune - I love the new \'uploading tool\' Travis!!   :)

here\'s the link:  

http://www.travisdickerson.com/music/helpme_svale.mp3  

It\'s a bit of a anti-war tune-  I\'d love to hear feedback.  Thanks!

Lis
happy trails,
SV

CMA

QuoteI just uploaded a tune - I love the new \'uploading tool\' Travis!!   :)

here\'s the link:  

http://www.travisdickerson.com/music/helpme_svale.mp3  

It\'s a bit of a anti-war tune-  I\'d love to hear feedback.  Thanks!

Lis

niceone, jnot to destory the mood of the piece but maybe some abient drums would be nice..

nice voice as well..as well

svale

hey thanks Chris  (I\'ve been away for awhile) .. ya drums would be really cool.. unfortunately it\'s not really \'in time\'  so we\'d probably have to redo it, actually maybe some hand drums would be cool - not a loop, just live percussion...hmmm   tx for the suggestion.  
happy trails,
SV

CMA

November 18, 2005, 12:55:55 am #14 Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 12:56:46 am by Chris_Moss
get one o\' these

i own a 707 the "rock machine"  but the 727 [latin percussion] put though a reverb unit sound especially nice!