Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead live - bass player?

Started by DrJustice, March 15, 2009, 05:18:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJustice

Hi fellow bots!

I wonder who that bass player in all those Youtube clips is. That not-so-tall fellow who plays a blistering bass. I assume the drummer is Brain(?)

TIA

DJ
--

zappahead

March 15, 2009, 06:09:18 pm #1 Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:10:07 pm by zappahead
he\'s had a few different bass players.

sounds like ur describing dan monti on bass. and i\'ve seen more vids with pinchface on drums than brain.

and welcome to tdrs, it\'s a great place.
insearchofthe - #289
DCK - #120
Blueprints - #77
Cyborg Slunks - #50
Buckethead Print #5 - 80/100
Best Regards - #371
Spinal Clock - #274
Happy Holidays Limited

DrJustice

Thank you zappahead!

Dan Monti it is - I really like his playing. And you\'re right Pinchface is the drummer.  

How I wish I could see that gang live... here\'s hoping for a European tour sometime!

DJ
--

Chris DiCicco

Butthouse Fan!

I really miss Butthouse, in one clip He woke My Friend up by jumping on his Bass monitor, it was funny being lulled to sleep on his bass playing Butthouse was like ah ah no no, my friend is o.k...

What Up,  DrJustice welcome to TDRS.com, are You a Bass Player?

I am a Bass Player.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

eggman90

I am a Bass Player.

Chris DiCicco

Same here
 8)

DrJustice

QuoteWhat Up,  DrJustice welcome to TDRS.com, are You a Bass Player?
Thanks Chris!

No, not a bass player I\'m afraid, but I do enjoy good bass playing. I\'m learning to play the guitar, though - in no small part inspired by the Big B.

Thanks for pointing out Butthouse too. I just watched some Devil Dub Band and Giant Robot on u2b with him playing.

DJ
--

BelieveIntheBucket

QuoteThank you zappahead!

Dan Monti it is - I really like his playing. And you\'re right Pinchface is the drummer.  

How I wish I could see that gang live... here\'s hoping for a European tour sometime!

DJ
--
dan monti has also done all the drum programming on the recent buckethead solo albums, as well as the bass

eggman90

I still have a standing offer to Big B: I\'d be glad to play bass with him at BB Kings:) (wakes up from sleeping at computer, drooling on the keyboard).........

Gizzorge

Who was playing bass with Brain at the giant robot gig at slims in San Fran
Big B, My Lord and Savior (of all things Guitar!!)

nuff_said

that was probably House - and most definitely if it was in \'04
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

Chris DiCicco

March 19, 2009, 06:52:20 am #10 Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:20:32 pm by Chris
I was there it was Butthouse,
that was my first gig someone here sent Me a copy of it a time ago, too, cause I had to leave to catch Bart back to Fremont.

;D

Brain was dressed up as Bruce Lee, Butthouse as Elmer Fudd and Buckethead did his Micheal Jackson Ninja thing but was Buckethead for most of the gig.
The Exosphere  2013

eggman90

Sorry to be annoying, but does anyone know if B\'s playing with a band or iPod this tour? ::)

nuff_said

QuoteSorry to be annoying, but does anyone know if B\'s playing with a band or iPod this tour? ::)

you should ask Rupe over at the coop, errr board.  he usually addresses that at the top of the Tour Dates page when he\'s got a final word on info like that, but asking at the board can\'t hurt.  based on that, it appears to be just Buckethead though, for now.
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

eggman90

you should ask Rupe over at the coop, errr board.  he usually addresses that at the top of the Tour Dates page when he\'s got a final word on info like that, but asking at the board can\'t hurt.  based on that, it appears to be just Buckethead though, for now.

Ok, will do-thanks!
I\'ll let him know I\'m available for the BB King show, even have a drummer-no charge to big B! :)

Mixmaster

Didn\'t Buckethead also played a while with the bass player and singer from Primus?
Do it with style, or Don't bother doing it.