New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Viggo to star in new movie- The Road

Started by Duckhead, January 29, 2009, 06:09:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckhead

As a fan of post-apocalyptic lore, and a fan of Viggo I was stoked to find out that he will be the lead role in the upcoming release "the Road", from the book of the same title by Cormac McCarthy. Without telling too much of the plot, the story is about a father (the Man) and son (the Boy) trying to make their way in a world that is covered in ash, has turned dark and cold, without civililation, plants and most forms of life. Most people that remain are cannibals and savages, and there are many dangerous obsatcles to avoid but not all can be avoided. This story tells of a fathers struggle to bring his son to salvation. I think Viggo is perfect for this role, he is a great actor and can deliver that dark edge along with the caring hopefulness that is "the Man". I totally look forward to seeing this film which should be released in the months ahead.

eggman90

This should be great, thanks for the info!

superslidetail

Is this slated for a nation wide theatre release or is it a straight to DVD kind of thing?

Duckhead

^ I believe it will be in the theaters, but there are rumors of straight to dvd (I hope not). It was slated to be released last November but the date keeps getting pushed.

more info here: http://the-road--trailer.blogspot.com/

zintar

Cool. I was wondering about this film. Some of the filming was done just a few blocks from our home here ( in Portland, OR. ). They were set up for at least a couple of weeks here.
While filming here, Viggo also did a reading in an old church Downtown. I have not read the book, but I like the idea of the plot. Thanks for the heads up.

ella_mental

This may be slightly off topic, but I\'m always curious about why a lot of post-apocalyptic lore involves cannibalism.  Kind of makes me hope (if the apocalypse should happen in my lifetime...) I go out with the initial blast, or disease, or whatever.

Duckhead

January 30, 2009, 05:22:32 am #6 Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:55:21 am by Duckhead
^there is obvious reasons like mans destitude and reverting to savagery and so on. It is also a pretty controversial subject (were we once cannibals?). But I think people just like books and movies where people get eaten by other people, mutants and zombies. It\'s just freaky, especially if you\'re being eaten alive  :o.

eggman90

slunkatron

Actually, historically cannibalism is pretty frequent, and it is found throughout the animal kingdom given the right circumstances.  Organisms need to eat to survive.  If the only thing to eat happens to look similar, oh well.  Oh, and this movie sounds like Fallout 3.