New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

ID theft

Started by Chris DiCicco, December 11, 2006, 10:18:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

Sadly this has happened to Me, supposedly last month someone in Germany dipped into My account and purchased 200 dollars worth of single/ dateing online space and a 20 dollar ticket for an on-line gameing company.

As I was unaware of it this Month, I did some sloothing to find out where these two companys were located, I will withhold names for now. Later if I am prompted by respondses I will tell.

I do not know who took ill libertys with my money but I have a pretty narrow list.

but I now DO NOT TRUST paypal, ebay....

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

stuffyrandL

OMG, that\'s horrible!  I always get nervous making online purchases.  I\'ve definitely found some of the smaller sites (like here) seem safer than the big ones!  Which seems a little backward!  LOL!
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb

Chris DiCicco

Yes,

TDRS and Amazon are still numbero uno und dos with Me...

I have been lectured from one and one half of the places localy "don\'t buy online" I visit here.

the counterpoint, is the (internet) makes it so darned easy to get that special CD DVD or whathave You.

I guess thats why its so dangerous.

(I don\'t know)

sorry for bad spanish, lame post and even lamer responds.

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

Cobretti

March 22, 2007, 01:13:34 am #3 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 01:13:53 am by Cobretti
Happened to me 2 weeks ago - got some bum spending $150 on Train Tickets.

buswolley

March 22, 2007, 09:59:30 pm #4 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:01:47 pm by buswolley
My father had his id stolen once (in this case paper id.)  The thief was killed in an auto accident shortly after the theft.  The authorities contacted my grandfather and told him his son had passed away.  After the shock wore off my grandfather told them that that was impossible his son was in Germany with the US military.  However, he wasn't sure, because he hadn't heard from my dad and had no idea of the theft.  He had a very long few hours!  Long story short - he indeed was not dead, but it took a long time to sort out the paperwork.  Anyway... Chris and Corbretti I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes.  

Chris DiCicco

oh my...

nothing that bad ???

it was a dip n grab and some more dip, I traced it like a good little sleuth.

found them in Germany, Chicago and here in California.

I got it straighted out likitysplit.

No So\'sh was stolen, no guns either just some shade of the shade, via paypal or ebay.

Cobretti,

More Italians on this here board Welcome... (if Your not Italian I Apologize: ditto to the real Italians here too! I an 8th)

Chris DiCicco

p.s. no offence to non Italians either we are all sisters and brothers and more of that hippy California sentimentality or Dr Suess philosophy (singing Dovu dorus) ...
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

we closed our california bank account because someone had set up a clever scheme to pull $200 out of our account every few months... traced back to an in store transaction - it\'s not just the internet, those punks will steal using data they find anyway they can.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved