New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

I\'m bored

Started by buswolley, September 22, 2007, 03:05:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

buswolley

Quotemine would be:  boredom says more about you than a lack of things to do.

I\'m soo bored!  Someone post something provocative we can talk about.  Anyone write good poetry or even bad poetry I\'m not picky.  A good story, funny joke, how about a piece of art?  

gkg

YOU - you get 30 lashes with a wet noodle!!
 :-*

i\'ll give you the opening of a VERY old poem of mine...

Her cheek damp with dew
Her heart cold and still
I came upon the ghost of you
Asleep on Leeland hill

[size=10](C) georgia k griffin[/size]
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

buswolley

QuoteYOU - you get 30 lashes with a wet noodle!!
:-*

At least that would be something to do!

It's a very beautiful start.  Do I get the rest?  I can beg if you want, but it's not pretty.  My face gets all splotchy from the exertion.

I really do love your boredom quote.  It is very prophetic and true.

Yesterday I didn't have to work.  I was so excited about the possibility of a day off.  I drew, that distracted for a whole hour.  I tried to write, but that just frustrated me.  T.V...not so much.  Tried to find entertainment on the internet...as if that would actually happen.  The book I'm currently reading hasn't captured my attention, but I'm too stubborn to start another.  The fact that I took a nap goes without saying (see nap supposition.)  And, God forbid I do the laundry, cleaning, or dishes.  So there you have it, you are so right.  I have 100 things to distract, but still I'm bored.  You have been very kind to entertain me, and for that I thank you.

ZQ

I must be lucky...or insane ....I can\'t remember the last time I was actually bored. Of course I take a nap every day  ;)

Big HUGZ!  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

gkg

ZQ - i think you\'ve got it worked out well.

buswolley - i\'m shocked!!   :o   NO BOOKS to read???  no walks to discover what may be???  i\'m not talking distractions, doll, i\'m talking interacting with life.  grab your jacket and head to the museum, take a book and camp in a coffee shop, invite things to happen?  go somewhere in town that\'s free and of interest to you, and strike up a conversation with an interesting bird, flower, stranger?

just thinking out loud.  as for the rest of the poem, to be honest, i remember it in parts and need to dig it out to record for the son and grandson.  i\'m trying to do a compilation CD for them of most of my poetry.  some of the darker or racier stuff will probably have to go on a \'grown ups only\' CD.  
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Langmanz

"If you like a COLD surprise,
Pull the chain BEFORE you rise"

:)
You Are What You IS, You Ain't What You Not!