New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Praxis - Profanation

Started by beelzeBob, January 12, 2008, 09:12:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beelzeBob

January 12, 2008, 09:12:36 pm Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 05:36:17 am by beelzeBob
Praxis Profanation is now available!!!!!!!!!!  

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=ALL&strict =&word=praxis

Got it today. Great disc. Praxis as usual.

The all-star line up:

Bill Laswell
Buckethead
Brain
phonosycographDISK
Rammellzee
Hawkman
Miaximum Bob
Dr. Israel
Monkey and Large
Grandmixer DXT
Iggy Pop
Killah Priest
Bernie Worrell
Serj Tankian
Mike Patton
Future Prophecies
Tatsuya Yoshida
Otomo Yoshihide

It shipped in about a week.

Profanation is  a mix of metal/thrash, techno, funk, dub, hip hop, etc. There are vocals on almost every track. It is not what I expected, but in a good way. It reminds me more of Material with buckethead and a harder edge, (which i guess is what Praxis is), maybe a little Devil Dub thrown in. I love this album, after 2 listens. Buckethead shreds on almost every track!
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

BHBoss

Don\'t know if you were aware but the website is shut down until the 13th.

DUFFATRON

just listened to samples of each track, lots of vocals
wish i could hear more
i wonderrrrrr why this isn\'t available in the U.S.?

make sense to anyone, all other praxis albums were

Nubbins

Quotejust listened to samples of each track, lots of vocals
wish i could hear more
i wonderrrrrr why this isn\'t available in the U.S.?

make sense to anyone, all other praxis albums were

Label conflicts I believe. I think I read that Laswell really wanted some good marketing for this album and didn\'t want to settle for something mediocre. The samples sound sweet, so I hope this album does well!

As for HMV, I ordered about a week ago along with many others. And while most people received it 4 days later, they giving me the run around saying it\'s out of stock and they\'re not sure when it will be back. Extremely irritating  >:(

beelzeBob

QuoteDon\'t know if you were aware but the website is shut down until the 13th.

Try this:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp

Use the search engine. I was just there 23 seconds ago and the site was up.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

ZQ

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=ALL&strict =&word=praxis

You gotta copy and paste the whole link rather than clickin! Good luck!

I ordered mine this mornin...confirmed done deal! :D

BIG HUGZ!  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

BHBoss

January 15, 2008, 07:56:21 pm #6 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 07:56:34 pm by BHBoss
Quotehttp://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=AC&restrict=ALL&strict =&word=praxis

You gotta copy and paste the whole link rather than clickin! Good luck!

I ordered mine this mornin...confirmed done deal! :D

BIG HUGZ!  :)

Do they actually have it there and ready to be shipped or is there a waiting period? If its there I\'ll probably have to go ahead and get it!!!

ZQ

Do they actually have it there and ready to be shipped or is there a waiting period? If its there I\'ll probably have to go ahead and get it!!!

I understood delivery to be...2-4 weeks I don\'t mind the wait...i like the feeing of aniticpation...and I\'m patient  ;)
A lil bonus...when you register...they offered "points" that you can claim at the register...I think it equaled about $5 what the heck... ;)
I haven\'t heard of it offered anywhere else so that\'s that  ;)

BIG HUGZ!  ;D

beelzeBob

Here is my experience with the shipping from cdjapan.

I got a confirmation email right after I ordered saying it would be shipped in 2-4 weeks. About a day or two later I got another email saying the cd was in stock and had shipped, and would take 5-6 days. Got it last Saturday. It took about a week total.

ZQ- I bet yours shows up in about a week as well.

I think the 2-4 week message indicates that it "could" take that long to get the cd in stock, but it obviously does not take that long.

I am very satisfied with the cd and the service from cdjapan.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

beelzeBob

I understood delivery to be...2-4 weeks I don\'t mind the wait...i like the feeing of aniticpation...and I\'m patient  ;)
A lil bonus...when you register...they offered "points" that you can claim at the register...I think it equaled about $5 what the heck... ;)
I haven\'t heard of it offered anywhere else so that\'s that  ;)

BIG HUGZ!  ;D

The good thing about the points is they accumulate. If you buy from them again you will get a discount. Damn, I sound like a freakin\' commercial.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

Nubbins

Finally got an email confirmation this morning from HMV saying that it\'s back in stock and ready to ship  ;D

The time to order is now!

ZQ

Here is my experience with the shipping from cdjapan.

I got a confirmation email right after I ordered saying it would be shipped in 2-4 weeks. About a day or two later I got another email saying the cd was in stock and had shipped, and would take 5-6 days. Got it last Saturday. It took about a week total.

ZQ- I bet yours shows up in about a week as well.

I think the 2-4 week message indicates that it "could" take that long to get the cd in stock, but it obviously does not take that long.

I am very satisfied with the cd and the service from cdjapan.

Thank you bleezeBob! super good  news!!
Cool that the points accumulate too!

BIG HUGZ!  ;D

severedhand

January 16, 2008, 06:08:34 pm #12 Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:11:36 pm by severedhand
how would you say this disc weighs against say.. metatron or transmutation? I wasn\'t big on sacrifist or live in poland one..

I also wanna get my hands on Tennessee..

BHBoss

Quotehow would you say this disc weighs against say.. metatron or transmutation? I wasn\'t big on sacrifist or live in poland one..

Some people over at TK say that this one is fairly close to Transmutations greatness. I don\'t have the album yet so can\'t say from personal experience yet.

beelzeBob

Quotehow would you say this disc weighs against say.. metatron or transmutation? I wasn\'t big on sacrifist or live in poland one..

Well, I for one love Sacrafist. To each his own (or her own).

Profanation has the diversity of music styles that Transmutation has, but is still very different. I paid about $37 for it and I think it is well worth it. The first 6 tracks are heavy metalish, the last 6 are funky, dubby weirdness that I love from the Laswell camp. It\'s a great album, get it.

But, get Tennesee 2004 first, that disc is just plain sick.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.