New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

why doesen\'t bucket have his own label

Started by jeremy, March 15, 2004, 11:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremy

does anybody know this, seems to me if you  had your own label you would have complete control of what you want to do with out having to deal with \'\'suits\'\'. I know what your going to say, it\'s hard and takes alot of money and effort. But if norman can do it and he owns A record store why can\'t musician\'s do the same? is it taboo to be A musician and have your own label? seems like all you need is A cd copier and A good printer and your good to go, or am I stupid and theres much more to it.

Travis

I\'m a musician and I have a label. Let me tell you it\'s no walk in the park. I know lots of musicians and I\'m talking great musicians who put out their own records and I\'m talking great records and they can\'t get them to people who might buy them.
It\'s an uphill battle.  
I know Buckethead is going to dabble with his own label as he should and I think everyone who has music should try to release independently and we should all support them by buying it if we like it and spreading the word. A community of like minded people beats a label everytime.

Travis

CMA

Brian

It\'s probably because he\'s such an incredible guitar genius that\'s he\'s incapable of creating and/or managing a label.  Let the chicken-boy strum on his guitar already.

sorrycharlie

so is disimbodied records his. that\'s his fav. word