New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Would high res releases be possible?

Started by mcmurray, February 08, 2007, 04:13:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mcmurray

This is just a pipe dream for me, but I can think of nothing better than listening to Travis and Bucket in 24 bit audio.

Would it be at all possible to release some tracks/albums in 24bit/96khz stereo format? (dvd-audio comes to mind as a perfect medium).  

I would be willing to pay twice , even triple the current price of the CDs.

ashpatton

That would make owning the cd\'s a pipe dream for the rest of us.

Slunker

Well, I\'m no major audiophile myself, cd\'s work just fine for me. I don\'t need better quality than that, so I wouldn\'t buy them personally.

But hey, if others want it and it happens somewhere down the line, I would be all for it anyway. But I would most likely not buy them.

Travis

I\'m afraid it just wouldn\'t be practical. We are talking about indy numbers here anyway, once you add audiophile to the list were talking about you and me and that means the DVD would cost about $800.00 for each of us. You ready to pony up for that, I\'m not quite ready yet myself.

mcmurray

Thanks for looking Travis, it was worth a shot anyway.

Travis

I\'m kinda lucky, I record it in 24 bit so I get to hear it that way. But a well mastered 16 bit CD sounds pretty darn good, not worth the extra money, maybe the same money...someday.

mcmurray

I found 2 live buckethead shows in high res (24bit) over at www.flacmusic.com if anyone is interested.  The recorder did an amazing job.

waisinet

QuoteI\'m kinda lucky, I record it in 24 bit so I get to hear it that way. But a well mastered 16 bit CD sounds pretty darn good, not worth the extra money, maybe the same money...someday.

What about offering the original recordings as payed Download?