New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Jackie Chan VS Bruce Lee

Started by K-FLO, January 03, 2010, 03:35:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

K-FLO

I just saw Jackie\'s movie Shanghai Noon and Nights and remembered what an excellent actor and stunt-man he is! On the other hand, I saw Bruce Lee\'s Enter the Dragon (and the one where he fights Chuck Norris, i can\'t remember the name to save my life!) and saw what an incredible fighter he is, but this question keeps popping into my head, because they are both very good actors and have diverse strong points but I can never decide between the two! that\'s why i\'m making this post, I need YOUR help to decide!
who do you like better, as an actor or person, stunt-wise, martial-arts wise, anything.
Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

http://www.grandin.com/restrain/new.conv.rest.html

Duckhead

hard question I really don\'t know much about either actor/martial artist other than what movies I\'ve seen.  The movie business has changed a bit since Bruce\'s days. His movies are pure action entertainment and his sound effects are the best! I mean just imagine hearing Bruce go "wwhaaaaeee!", it gives you chills. His movies seem more serious but also show a bit of humor now and then. I like that and probably why I like Jackie Chan - the guy is pretty funny, not sure if could take Bruce in a fight but his stunts are incredible - I love at the end of most Jackie movies during the credits that show the stunt outtakes and how hard Jackie works to get it done right and flawless. Plus with todays big budgets and special effects I think the Jackie movies are more appealing but I would say Bruce\'s martial arts are better.

K-FLO

Quotehard question I really don\'t know much about either actor/martial artist other than what movies I\'ve seen.  The movie business has changed a bit since Bruce\'s days. His movies are pure action entertainment and his sound effects are the best! I mean just imagine hearing Bruce go "wwhaaaaeee!", it gives you chills. His movies seem more serious but also show a bit of humor now and then. I like that and probably why I like Jackie Chan - the guy is pretty funny, not sure if could take Bruce in a fight but his stunts are incredible - I love at the end of most Jackie movies during the credits that show the stunt outtakes and how hard Jackie works to get it done right and flawless. Plus with todays big budgets and special effects I think the Jackie movies are more appealing but I would say Bruce\'s martial arts are better.

for sure Bruce\'s martial arts are better, i mean, he killed chuck norris! but that alone isn\'t enough to make him a good actor, jackie is a stunt-man, martial artist, and a one-of-a-kind entertainer. but then i always fall back on how classic bruce lee\'s films are and how he could have destroyed anybody with just his hands!
Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

http://www.grandin.com/restrain/new.conv.rest.html

Slunk_Lord

I\'d say that Bruce Lee tops Jackie Chan. Sure Jackie is hilarious and he has put his life literally on the line for the most realistic stunts, but Bruce Lee was such an intense fighter, and no one messed with him. He devoted his life to making his weaknesses stronger and his strengths even better. He was an incredible fighter, and I think a much better martial artist than Jackie, even though he didn\'t do as many stunts.
Let your inspirations flow into whatever you do.