Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Phishing TDRS Profile Email

Started by Chris DiCicco, February 01, 2009, 11:38:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris DiCicco

hi Travis

I just got some spam via someone phishing off the members profile listing I have here, anyway it was regarding some sort of South African, trust fund? about somebody\'s father who was murdered or something along the lines of help.

I promptly changed my profile so as to not be phished, here again.

just wanted to give You a heads up, if anyone else contacts You in this matter.

Chris DiCicco

p.s.

tried to pm this but was blocked and prompted by invalid user name...

My Computer froze, couldn\'t redo either.
The Exosphere  2013

fuzzface

February 02, 2009, 12:11:07 am #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:13:08 am by fuzzface
I got one too and sent a pm to Travis with the body of the email received

Travis

Yeah, I got one too. Looks like someone registered and once a member you can just click on the member list and see members emails if you haven\'t hidden them.
This looks like the most common ridiculous Nigerian  spam. My Uncle was murdered will you take 31 million dollars off my hands he left me for a percentage.
I\'m looking into what other Yabb bulletin board owners are doing to prevent this. In the meantime, if you don\'t want your email to become public, go to your profile and check the "hide email" box. If anyone that has already checked that box and still got this email, let me know.

Chris DiCicco

Sorry about not understanding how to work the pm my bloody computer is finicky in its old age.

Changed profile but what makes it so as to not be phished anyway.

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

bucketbot

QuoteYeah, I got one too. Looks like someone registered and once a member you can just click on the member list and see members emails if you haven\'t hidden them.
This looks like the most common ridiculous Nigerian  spam. My Uncle was murdered will you take 31 million dollars off my hands he left me for a percentage.
I\'m looking into what other Yabb bulletin board owners are doing to prevent this. In the meantime, if you don\'t want your email to become public, go to your profile and check the "hide email" box. If anyone that has already checked that box and still got this email, let me know.

Got one too.....It never ceases to amaze me that the idiots who produce these things can imagine that someone would be dumb enought to go for it!!?? ::)
DO YOU HAVE ANY HEADCHEESE!!??

Diatonic_mealworm

Yeah  but for 31 million dollars!...thats a lot of money!
sounds like a great deal to me.  ;)
Fron son of lon.