New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

How come not all BH albums are available for Sale?

Started by ThresholdLurker, December 19, 2008, 09:59:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThresholdLurker

I was just wondering why not every Buckethead album is in the store. If it\'s not available, where would I be able to purchase them? Thanks.

Trev_dog

Because TDRS music doesnt own the rights to all of his music so they cant produce it

ThresholdLurker

Nubbins

Amazon carries all of them, even used copies of the OOP albums. Always works out great for me.

deconstruct

Hello. TDRS carries a lot of Buckethead albums, I think most fans would recommend that you buy what you can from here first. Through this site you are directly supporting Buckethead. Not only that, the prices are reasonable, if not outright cheaper than Amazon or HMV Japan (once you figure in the overseas shipping). Shipping is painless and quick, and Travis is always helpful to resolve any issues.

I just learned that DMG is moving this month. I think it\'s the 3rd time in about 5 years. Like TDRS, they are an independent operation. If you can buy from them over a chain or mass retailer, I think they would really appreciate it. There is a close relationship with DMG and John Zorn and his labels, so you can always get Bucketheadland there. It\'s ~$45 which I think is fair. People forget it\'s a double album import. I\'ve bought a lot of stuff from DMG in the past, not through their mail order but I\'ve never heard anybody having problems with it. Bruce who is the owner is good people. They used to have an autographed Colma poster hanging on the ceiling when the store was still at the E. 5th St. location. They lost it when they made the move to Bowery. I feel a bit sad about their move to Monroe St. I think they might lose a lot of foot traffic.