New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Albino Slug

Started by Indra, September 24, 2008, 07:34:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Indra

Ohh, this is a good one.  If you liked all the other Bucket n\' Brewer releases, you will definitely go for this one.  They found some new direction and some new sounds, while maintaining what they had, at the same time, I think.  

BucketBrother

I\'m happy for you but it hurts.  Over in england we got to wait for everything.  No tours...... waiting for the cd\'s.  I hope it\'s not long before Travis has got em in the store.  Until that time i will only dream of how good they are whilst i listen to running after dear and D.O.E.

DUFFATRON

Have you already gotten a copy of albino slug Indra? are they being sold on tour? if so, definitely gona pick one up in Cambridge if they\'re not on the website by then.

Indra

September 25, 2008, 04:52:39 am #3 Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:54:01 am by Indra
QuoteHave you already gotten a copy of albino slug Indra? are they being sold on tour? if so, definitely gona pick one up in Cambridge if they\'re not on the website by then.

Yeah, I bought it last night at the show I\'ve listened to it through a few times now, and I\'ve decided that it is thoroughly and utterly enjoyable.  I am sorry for you folks that have to wait,  I just wanted to share some joy with my fellow Bucketbots here and to put out the good word on this one.  

BucketBrother

Didn\'t want to be negative.  I\'m glad you have shared your joy.
Which of the previous Buckethead/Brewer CD\'s do you think Albino Slug is most like? if any.

severedhand

September 25, 2008, 04:29:27 pm #5 Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:29:42 am by severedhand
anyone else by chance checking buckethead out on October 9th in philadelphia? I wonder if Albino Slug will be there..

gb

QuoteDidn\'t want to be negative.  I\'m glad you have shared your joy.
Which of the previous Buckethead/Brewer CD\'s do you think Albino Slug is most like? if any.

id  say  its  a combo  of  bansheebot  and  peppers  ghost  NOT  QUITE   as good as  emac    in my opinion

what is love,what is happiness,what is life,where is peace?.....................

superslidetail

September 26, 2008, 07:41:02 pm #7 Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:42:01 pm by superslidetail
Can\'t wait for this.  ;D

Indra

id  say  its  a combo  of  bansheebot  and  peppers  ghost  NOT  QUITE   as good as  emac    in my opinion

I would actually agree with this.  I do think its as good or better than EMAC, though, personally.  Its a bit more listenable, anyway.  

BabeinToyland

Yeah, I\'m definitely diggin\' mine.....Redeem Team rocks, and translates so well live!  ;D

My kids love it too, what\'s so funny about it is they "play" slugs all the time with their fingers extended like little peace signs for eye stalks.....they think the cover art is hilarious....
I love the eyeball right where the CD goes....

They both have 2 slugs apiece, Maya has MiMi and Slugster and Evan has Sluggie and Meager...they have quite the adventures let me tell you, and quite a Fear of Salt!   :P

Jowaxe

Soooo ...anyone (Travis) know when this might be available here in the store? I\'m dying to hear it and Buckethead was already here in Seattle and i didn\'t see a merch table at all....

BucketBrother

Come on peeps.  Thought someone would have recognised the likeness to "island of lost minds".  It\'s certainly not all like that but there\'s some bits which are really similar.

slunkatron

QuoteCome on peeps.  Thought someone would have recognised the likeness to "island of lost minds".  It\'s certainly not all like that but there\'s some bits which are really similar.

Interesting.  :o  I haven\'t heard that.  A lot of people don\'t seem to like IOLM, but I think it is fascinating.  It is perhaps the most abrasive album I have ever heard, but I like it anyway and find it incredibly interesting.  I am even more excited to here Albino Slugs now.  

bucketheadrules

At the show in seattle i went to the merch table was in the back left area next to the stage. That was the night of my life buckethead is amazing...

BucketBrother

Interesting.  :o  I haven\'t heard that.  A lot of people don\'t seem to like IOLM, but I think it is fascinating.  It is perhaps the most abrasive album I have ever heard, but I like it anyway and find it incredibly interesting.  I am even more excited to here Albino Slugs now.  

Thats Crazy!!!! IOLM totally rules.  You\'ll know exactly what i mean when you hear Albino Slug.  One track in particular could have come straight from IOLM

Peace out